View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 21:13   #18
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: So, Who were we all then? (R17)

Code:
You are: At The Mercy (2:2:9)    (Clear)	
Size:	60	2930 	
Value:	1,259,368	533 	
Score:	1,790,068	634 	
XP:	10,614	735
I was doing fairly well until about mid-round, when 1up came steaming through my place and took just about all my 1k rocks. I'd managed to hold them for a whole 3 days, which by Ascendancy standards, for a cath, is pretty amazing (mostly due to my attackers being spectacularly shit).

I tried to keep going, but it didn't take long after that for me to realize that without the roids to get the res to build a stack, I was a sitting duck. I couldn't go above 300 roids without getting streams of incoming. I took a few days out, and logged in one afternoon to see I'd lost my entire fleet bar 4k spiders to a bunch of ziks no more than 20 minutes earlier. Oops. No salvage either.

I spent a bunch of money embezzled from the alliance fund to make sure I ended ahead of jerome. So now I have 10k scarabs. Big whoop.

Stuff that rocked this round:
  • Playing the awesome Cath early round. It was fun to be unstoppable. Even with Mandrakes and Scorpions abounding, few* targets I picked could build their way to even touch my fleet.
  • My buddypack (except figar, thankfully he self-exiled out of the galaxy.)
  • Some of our randoms were pretty cool too, though by the time we got decent ones I was well on my way to busyville and inactivity.

Stuff that sucked this round:
  • Exiling. If there's no reason to never, ever be GC again, it's the amount of exiles that need to be done. Hassling my ministers to 'go vote!' constantly sucked. I stopped initiating votes around pt800 or when I went inactive, but despite that our gal still ended 4th on exiles according to sandmans.
  • Cath after falling behind the curve. Once I was unable to build up a stack to buy my way out of incoming, there was little point in getting roids.
  • The bash limit. Thanks to my early XP, I was able to get very serious incoming despite having 0 ships. That sucked. Not only did that suck, but since my first landings were high XP, it was almost impossible to find targets for even 1xp per roid.

* And those that did were generally ****ups on my part :\
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote