View Single Post
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 23:39   #20
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Reply from PAadmins and PA crew needs to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
No, thanks, im to busy trying to keep players playing the game.

Yes, you are volunteers, yet i am amazed for the poor activity you show. Granted you all do this on a volunteer status, but when it comes to technical issues you guys cant do anything at all.
It allready screwed one player over because the admins dont reply but I guess it doesnt matter. It just makes them stop playing and using their money on something else.

Improvement suggestions: put up a time schedule on services. Make it hour times. For example : topic: We answer to questions from the players at 1200 PA time 1400 PA time etc etc.
Make the volunteers pick times they are around and make the topic so and so. So that when here is actually noone around you can tell people using the topic.
The volenteers give up their spare time to help, now this free time is often not as easy to lock down as saying "i will be around to take the 1200-1400 shift". Real life things which have to take priority can come up at a moments notice. What your asking for example is like saying I should have to choose a block of time where im moderating these forums no matter what which is simply asking too much as I simply cant lock a time down. Anyone volenteering to help this game SHOULD be able to commit a good number of hours to doing this every week but theres no way you can expect them to lock this down to specific times when they arent getting paid for it.

And considering these people ARE willing to do something you arent you can hardly have a go at them about their activity. You need ideas that deal with the shortcoming of the system but work around the limitations that volenteers bring.

Oh and additionally on your idea, having specific Q&A windows hardly solves the problem as people need help there and then most of the time and probally cant wait till the next window. And when it comes to the kinds of questions their galaxy and alliance cant answer for them the chances are they need someone like Kal or Kloopy whom are juggling PA with their Real Life jobs and as such it could be 10+ hours till they are online and most people wont wait that long (infact in my experiance you will have been kick banned from channel in that time, ofc that could just be me that gets kick banned for being stubborn and refusing to leave and come back later)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote