Thread: United Fleets
View Single Post
Unread 14 Sep 2008, 17:14   #30
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: United Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Errr, you called me a retard in the previous post... Now, you're entitled to your opinion, as indeed my "Asc friend" is, as am I.
I didnt call you a retard, your ascendancy friend did, I was quoting them, but if the shoe fits.

Quote:
To examine your awesome career more closely, you struggled to just about rise above the mediocrity of the alliances around you to scrape to victory at the second time of asking, having been beaten the previous round by a 2/3 sized alliance who so very nearly beat you again when it was even smaller. To do it you had to enlist the help of other alliances because on your own you would have been crushed. You're proud of that? Seriously? 'Heh' is the only expression that comes to mind.
Denial lead from the front of both rounds it played. It out roided everyone and had significant leads come mid round of both rounds we played. We were roided down eventually by multiple allies (ND/jenova/tof/Asc and then ND/ASC/CT/ROCK/VGN/XVX), we never had help, either round, unless you include our nap with NoX in our first round. No alliance in either round would have beaten us 1 vs 1, you know it, everyone else in PA knows it, stop your bullshit.

Quote:
edit for VenoX's double post: I'll say it again dude, either you're an example to follow or you aren't. Either you are really a leader or you aren't.
Clearly the people who are entitled to an opinion about my leadership skills believe that I am an example to follow and a somewhat decent leader, I won't believe otherwise until someone who has played under me comes out and says so (its been 3 rounds and no one has!).

Quote:
Presumably you cared at the start of this round, but Failbears still collapsed, regardless of the spin you want to put on that. Also, members were jumping off the ship long before you officially decided to wind it down.
No, members were not jumping off the ship, I wouldn't call the ex-xVx characters who joined together (and only played together), members of CareBears. They left/were kicked, in the group they had only ever intended to play in, no one else left after that and we could have happily continued playing (for 4th place!!) but it just wasnt fun and this is a game afterall.