View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2015, 21:12   #15
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: Inc stats discussion pos R63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
No reason. Maybe a little due to the talk about BF being the god of defense. But yeah round was decided in the political sphere. And IMHO, 4205 incs showed the other block slacked a little in attack aswell. I think the sum stagnation and stats were the main cause of that.
I don't see anyone stating anything remotely close to praising Black Flag's defence. The only praise given was at EORC by myself which deserved a mention because without the defence organisation, we would've been taken out in the first wave of concentrated incoming. I also praised Faceless' defence, too.

Yes, concentrated incoming. We did experience concentrated incoming even though people will claim otherwise. Our bulk of incoming was concentrated. There were about 3-4 coordinated attacks against us in periods of 3-4 days. Other than that, incoming was light.

And what's this speculation about blocks? There weren't really blocks this round. p3nguins helped Faceless periodically, and CT/HR etc helped BF for about 3-4 days, then it became a solo war.

I won't deny that Faceless experienced heavier hostilities than Black Flag, but from what I gather from the smaller tags, Faceless were bottom feeding and ended up antagonising those alliances.

It wasn't difficult to get support against Faceless when they shot off to #1 with a 16m lead at around tick 500. That was their fundamental mistake. This is called chess strategy because it's easy to influence people when X alliance is 15m+ ahead. This is why we use a stocking tactic (Ultores has used it too).

I will openly admit that Black Flag is not the best defensive alliance, but we have the organisation, member-base, discipline and DCs to put up a good fight, which is how we've managed to win the past two rounds. It's not just down to politics, even though politics has played a role in our success.

Faceless played a good round, and I have already congratulated some of their members on a good attempt. If they had won instead of Black Flag, then it would've been a deserved win for them too because they equally fought for it.

Stats were bad, but let this be a lesson to us all; don't let Tia do stats again!

Last edited by Clouds; 29 Sep 2015 at 21:20.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote