View Single Post
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 16:16   #14
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: XP leads to stockpiling

Stockpiling resources means you have less ships available to defend yourself with. You can build new ships with your stockpile if you get online in time. In that sense, it's a gamble and it's a gamble that can be lost by the stockpiler. Is this what we want? I would argue that yes, we do want players to be able to make choices which can have either positive or negative outcomes. Spending early is low-risk but provides a lower benefit; stockpiling is a classic high-risk/high-reward strategy.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote