Thread: Well done Ult
View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2012, 21:31   #300
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Re: Well done Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I think part of the motivation for Ascendancy in r30 is that no one had ever won three rounds in a row, and we really wanted to be the first. Many alliances have done well because they have a point to prove: the fact that is difficult is just one part of that.
I love how, for the last 4 or so years at least, every former member of Ascendancy who takes an interested in these forums strokes that big ol Ascendancy ego.

Moving on to facts for uno momento since round 20ish there has been consistently less than 2000 players. Yes, sure Asc won prior to that, post pax I might add so still only a few thousand players. Also, the time everyone talks about is round 28+ et cetera with a further reduction in players to >1500.

Now let me make my point. I wonder how the 'ascendancy' way would of affected rounds 1-10. Why is there no talk now of when strict military regime was the roots of the greatest alliance known to PA (Legion/Fury et al). Let us not forget Asc/Ult/App have arguably only been such huge successes because of the mass accumulation of all of the most active, 'hardcore' players in the game.

All in all, for the greater good of the game, it might be worth spending time to stop gloating and stroking and putting some effort into the forward motion of the game's development *cough*.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote