Thread: Mehh
View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2010, 23:57   #129
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice
Re: Mehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
All alliances suffer from chronic groupthink, other members act as an echo for your own thoughts, confirming what you already knew, so amazingly you are right. This is because you have similar interests and outlooks. What Im saying is that your assessment off the situation looks truthful because others you talk too agree, and so does mine, or whoever elses. The further from the direct consequences, ie outside the top5/6 the more likely the groupthink will give a balanced view. The closest to reality would come from a well informed member of the lower ranked alliances who have less investment in the current political situation. But they dont exist, or if they do, they definitely dont post.
In my view there has been quite a lot of reasoned argument in this thread (relative to the norm, admittedly a low base), clearly you view such reasonable argument as worthless, probably because Kenny keeps getting tripped up by what he said in earlier threads!

Wtf did i write that?
Perhaps true. Perhaps we can all agree on these points:

- [NFI] and ND each had every intent of staying true to their word on staying NAP'd the remainder of the round. If you really don't trust Kenny, at the very least Sun_Tzu's word should be worth something to anyone who knows him.

- ND got upset/frustrated/miffed/<whatever your favorite term may be> regarding several issues, namely planet ranks, some discussions/tactics regarding Phant and other issues, I'm sure. ND members, per DZ, became a bit restless and wanted to, at the very least, hit Phant.

- [NFI] got wind of ND shopping around from other alliances. Is there proof of this? Perhaps. There are quite a few logs flying around, take your pick.

The final two items seem to work together to create the situation at hand now. From [NFI]'s standpoint, if you have what you consider to be reliable evidence that your counterpart may make a move, what do you do? Do you stand there with your head in the sand or do you try to make a move that helps cover your ass in the event that they do spring something on you?

As always, I find it mind-blowing how often players are shocked/confused/irritated when alliances attempt to put themselves in position to succeed. Apparently standing by while it becomes 1+5 vs. 2+3+4 would have been the noble thing to do!
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote