View Single Post
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:54   #26
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Discuss, yet again] Bringing Back PDS

Well, it seems I provoked you into making a productive post. Lucky me. I know you say you won't respond to my post but maybe somebody else will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
now look fella, i've tried to explain it to you.

we have quite a few threads suggesting ideas which are aimed at doing away with SKs be it through pds, through suiciding the ships, through nuking their stats, whatever.

the concept that you can destroy not just the resources, but the time taken to put up the structures, is one which could be argued to be flawed. (and indeed has been, over and over again).

what you are proposing, is escalating that arms race. you are encouraging the use of SKS. this, is, BAD. mkay?
I personally think we should get rid of Structure Killers but seeing as PA Team seem unwilling to do this even after all the moaning I prefer to channel my energy into trying to make Structure Killers at least a little bit useful.
You are right that this will make SK's a little more useful, only against planets with PDS though. If you don't want to be targetted by an SK bitch then don't be a PDS bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
you are also encouraging people to think in a back footed fashion by building defensive aiding structures over aggressive ones, now i don't know you from adam, but i'd hope that you've grasped that the newish (we've been at it for 5 rounds now) model of PA is not about defending.
PDS will affect a limited number of people. Those paid accounts that are in not so active galaxies that feel that they have no choice but to become PDS whores. They won't be able to win the round since they will still get incoming when they are roid fat but they will be able to do better than now that they do not have that option. This should also help to increase the score of lower ranking galaxies since they will be better equipped to hold onto their roids. This can only be a good thing.

You say that the game isn't about defending, it's not. It shouldn't be about being in a galaxy where your incoming never gets reported and you end up getting more than your fair share of hostile waves on you simply because you happen to be in a low scoring galaxy either.

[quote=MAdnRisKy]and the point about the free planets only getting to build 20 structs ..... so we make it that the absolute bottom of the food pile, is harder to roid?

brilliant, absolutely brilliant![quote=MAdnRisKy]

Kal has already stated that he wishes to make the spread of paid and free planets more even next round. This means that all free planets should have at least a few paid planets in their galaxy. If their galaxy happens to be low scoring it's likely that the paid planets will become PDS whores. This will benefit the free planets because less incoming on the paid planets means that the paid planets are better equipped to defend the free planets.
Like I've said before though there will not be that much increased heat on the free planets seeing as there won't be that many PDS whores anyway. And any that there are will become big and get themselves roided anyway.

[quote=MAdnRisKy]kal comes in and says "declined PDS" because he like everyone else has looked at this issue over and over again, and the same conclusions have been drawn every time[quote=MAdnRisKy]

Maybe he will maybe he won't. Doesn't change what I'm trying to do here though.