View Single Post
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:32   #25
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Re: [Discuss, yet again] Bringing Back PDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Why is it always the idiots on these forums that try to criticise me? If you deem yourself worthy to criticise me then prove me worthy of your criticism. If you cannot then you are nothing but a fool.
now look fella, i've tried to explain it to you.

we have quite a few threads suggesting ideas which are aimed at doing away with SKs be it through pds, through suiciding the ships, through nuking their stats, whatever.

the concept that you can destroy not just the resources, but the time taken to put up the structures, is one which could be argued to be flawed. (and indeed has been, over and over again).

what you are proposing, is escalating that arms race. you are encouraging the use of SKS. this, is, BAD. mkay?

you are also encouraging people to think in a back footed fashion by building defensive aiding structures over aggressive ones, now i don't know you from adam, but i'd hope that you've grasped that the newish (we've been at it for 5 rounds now) model of PA is not about defending.

and the point about the free planets only getting to build 20 structs ..... so we still make it that the absolute bottom of the food pile , is harder to roid?

brilliant, absolutely brilliant! because it doesn't matter that they can build only so much, they can build some anyway, and these are the guys which should be providing the roids for others. Now that is a harsh reality, and perhaps the mechanics for introducing new roids in the game need changing, but currently this is what we have, and you are proposing that in order for people to use this source, they have to kill more and only increase the disheartenment not aleviate it.

I'm sorry i've exhausted my patience now, i'm not going to continue this discussion further, if you still wish to champion your cause inspite of my opinions, then great, bully for you, lets see if someone else can try to reason with you instead. (before kal comes in and says "declined PDS" because he like everyone else has looked at this issue over and over again, and the same conclusions have been drawn every time)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas