View Single Post
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 13:41   #21
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Discuss, yet again] Bringing Back PDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
you didn't listen to a word i said

look ok, you've had an idea about something, and designed something. great!, seriously, it's good you're inovative. But one of the important tasks when trying to be creative, is to make sure you are chanelling your energy in a fashion which will produce a useful outcome. that's forsight and planning for you
I listened to every single letter of every single word and I responded accordingly. You on the other hand completely ignored the fact that I effectively destroyed all the points you were making and continued to accuse me of being unable to think through my ideas.

Quote:
now look, if you make PDS (and oh dear god it sounds like you wanted it to fire at roiding fleets here) as pasrt of the structures, then ok yeah top players won't use it, they'd rather have amps or distorters or finance, whatever. but that isn't really the issue, it's just an add on concern. The main concern with PDS is the small players building it. If the PDS is in any way better than a standard ship, (and lets face it it'd have to be for people to build it)and is doing dmg to roiding fleets, then yeah, in the short term, the planet that has a lot of it may get avoided. but all it will do, is encourage, yes... encourage people to build more SKS so that they can get the roids cheaper or say, send a kill fleet then a roid fleet or 2 fleets or 3 all of which designed to kill the PDS (at 20%) levels, which i thought was the exact opposite of the intentions behind all of this.
So what? You build PDS you have to be willing to take the consequences. There are consequences to anything you do in this game.

Quote:
Also, and i hate to say this, but small players, need regular incomming to feed the game.

there's no nice way of saying it, but it's these guys that bring in new rocks to the universe through initation. make it impossible to hit them, and it's game over :/
Consider this simple fact:

Free planets cannot build more than 20 structures.