View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 02:03   #42
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: New alliance for newer players - R15 Your community needs YOU

Forest, you might know my opinion on this one, when i created the Mentor Team, few rounds back, i had the same ideals of helping the new players. We did a pretty good job at the begining, and i remember having a very good team around to help theses players.

The only problem was whenever we started to involve PAteam in this, and i am sure some remember this "little" incident with geoff and myself which led PATeam to kindly take over the team off my hands and jolt request to remove me from the team. I dont know how long it took to dismantle the team, but i think that one of their plan was to integrate the staff into support and by that killing the team.That the reason why the team didnt have any impact, and that why it died quite quickly.

I think that someone allready said that, letting jolt/PATeam involved into this idea is the brightest idea. Their ideals and their goals arent the same as yours, and they might end up getting off your path.

My only Advice would be, get total control of this team, never let Jolt aquire any responsability over this team as i predict that whenever you will stop serving their cause and their goal, they will try to remove you or end up changing your team's goal.

Saying that, i think the idea of having the community helping the community is something that should be nice, you dont need to think too much and you dont need to have it official as wakey told me once (little bit sad i didnt listen to him and to Webangel). you just need to act and evolve from there and turn this team to something more and more professional, the rest will come. help will come and players will aswell.

Anyway, i wish you good luck.
alch