View Single Post
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 20:27   #17
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New alliance for newer players - R15 Your community needs YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrax
I like the initiative and that you're willing to do something for the community and help new players.
I am however wondering how this will affect current smaller (training) alliances. Alliances like ROCK and F-crew (and probably quite a few more) currently take in a lot of new players and try to teach them how the game works. Often when those players have reached a certain size that is beyond the capabilities of the training alliances to cover they move on. However there are also a few players that stick with the training alliances. This is one of the ways (a rather important one) that keeps the smaller alliances alive.

When a new alliance takes over the role as training alliance, the smaller alliances will lose an important way of getting new members. I imagine that when the people that are trained by this new training alliance are fully trained that they won't be looking for another (smallish) training alliance, but will go for the big alliances. This way the smaller alliances will slowly die (unless some other solution is found).

When things like ingame mail is implemented then, in my opinion, not only the new training alliance should be mentioned, but also other alliances that are willing to train and help new members.

In conclusion I think that your heart may be in the right place, but you may want to think about what the effect will be for the smaller alliances.
What with the (most likely) decreasing size of alliance limits, I'm not sure if smaller alliances will have any such problem in finding members. All it requires is some community effort to, as I said, target those who would otherwise have no chance of being targetted.

BTW, I refer to 'targetting' as if the players were customers.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote