View Single Post
Unread 3 Mar 2007, 09:46   #35
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Calling all Dinosaurs! Tar pit this way ---->

look the reason why xp is so "powerful" this round is there isn't enough roids around in the universe hoisted up on planets other than the good few where roids pay off more than the xp. now add that along to the fact that this round is 7 weeks, which i believe is the shortest since r9.5 - that's a good 200-400 ticks less time of roids to mine and xp players to sweat it and keep trying to desperately land. there's the game play reasons that show that the pateam are idiots.

stats aren't really related that much in other than that these are the worst stats i've played with since i came back to pa in r11, these are awful. appoco and paisley are absolute retards of course, but the stats are actually not so strongly correlated with the power of xp. instead it is the shape of alliances; you see this round we have 3 mediocre and around-equal alliances at the top, every round bar 16 we've seen an alliance run away with it and thus possessing big planets with a lot of roids - so the top planets were all mostly value planets, but this didn't mean that xp wasn't the same as this round or any other. it was just less noticeable, the winner of this round i guesstimate will be around 5-6mil score, last round was 13mil, the one before that 17mil or so. see my point? with only so little score needed to be a high ranker due to a/ lack of stealing gains - **** you pateam, **** you b/ roids around condensed to the top planets in smaller counts. because if a planet were to ever run away with it they'd likely have 2 enemy top alliances to contend with to bring them down a notch back to size.

about who i'd like to win? for obvious reasons, i'd prefer one of the several ascendancy contendors but i honestly don't care which out of the value players win especially since i found out caj and truhatred had an "avoidance agreement" with each other. i've never really cared about a rank except for the purpose of whining and it won't change now

the future of planetarion needs to be somewhat more value based yes, but i have genuinely got to a point where i dislike logging in. i'm not sure what would entice me back but it's definitely not a round of xpwhoring or 'valuewhoring' in a game where the imbeciles in charge's idea of a new race is combining the elements of every other race AND giving them superb salvage AND bare minimal trade costs. not to mention they took away the only reasonably fun or viable option of gaming for the small time player by reducing zik to a glorified and improved version of terran - all for what exactly?

as far as suggestions go, i've got a good few ideas about changing the game in terms of the races and xp but i hope you can all see after all my rounds of persistence i no longer have an interest in discussing pipe dreams
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote