View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2010, 16:38   #46
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of
Re: Galaxy system atm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
You probably can seriously tell me you believe forcing everyone to go fort gals would solve the issue.
because clearly ascendancy are the only ones that can pull off "forts". seriously loling irl if you're gonna use the "no forts" argument against any solution that prevents the "fencing" you've complained about.

this also depends on the structure. you can set up a CT cluster for example. lets use C5. within C5 because they have 72 members, they have 9 galaxies of 8 members each. from there you can:
- either ban in gal defending and only allow in cluster defense (at -1 or -2 eta)
- only allow in gal defending (even though the whole cluster is one alliance)
- only allow a single alliance to hit more than one galaxy simultaneously by first declaring war on CT (Apprime targeting CT for instance).
- insert more craziness here

the point is, there are not multiple alliances within a galaxy thus leading to "fencing" and shit stagnant politics that keep being complained about every single round.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the side effects will be worse than the benefits.
can i borrow your crystal ball? i have some lottery numbers i'd like to inquire about.

Quote:
Random galaxies however would reduce the fencing enough to make for a bit less shit politics.
what about the select few "random galaxies" that end up with 1 member of each alliance, or 1 member of the top 3? its "random" remember? need i remind people how some always seemed to cycle their shit random exiles in the old bp system just to get worse planets while others never had to exile once? quite possibly the outcome would be even more shit politics.

Quote:
And if someone is concerned about the abuse of exiling to create "semi-private" gals, simply set a given time each day when all exiles queued up during that day get put into new gals at once. I suppose you could still schedule a specific day for exiling, but this greatly reduces the chances that you'll be able to pick where to exile into.
completely random also implies that exiling will be disabled (hence the whole random thing). otherwise you'll get people like yourself whining how some people managed to exile and create forts while you were stuck in a shitty random galaxy.