Thread: Kyoto
View Single Post
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 00:45   #30
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I don't see the point of converting from coal to oil (actually gas, I think) first then;
I guess we can thank Maggie Thatcher for that. Since she closed practically all the coal mines (the UK currently has a grand total of 2 left in operation I believe, with one of them closing soon) we now have the option of either importing the dirty dirty coal or using cleaner alternatives like gas and oil, which we still produce a pretty large quantity of thanks to the North Sea.

Though I guess we could also reopen some coal mines but I don't see anybody doing that any time soon.