View Single Post
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 19:02   #75
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
Re: Congratulations Exilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
But your alliance can't use you to strike back. Defence is all fine and dandy, but once an alliance is forced on the defensive, it's chances for victory radically deminish. When a big planet can't attack the people that roid its alliance, it's not contributing as much as the smaller planets that can.

Besides, no matter how large your fleet, you can only defend 3 incomings, and you can only do that when you refrain from roiding. Enough nights of 3fleeting defence, and the only real advantage pnaps have (big planet) gets nullified because you don't grow as fast as you should.

And lastly, what happens when another alliance sets up a big attack on you? If you're really that much bigger than the other planets in your alliance, you'll have a hard time getting covered. Especially when 1up is either coincidentially or intentionally hitting the rest of the alliance at the same time.

So yes, your planet does contribute to your alliance (by defending it), but it doesn't help as much as it would when it wasn't pnapped.

The fact that I can not strike back is negated by the fact that I can cover whole incomings alone, whereas without the Pnap, I would not have the ships to do so, and would have an even smaller impact on my alliance. You say I can only send 3 def fleets, and that is true, but when I can (if necessary) cover 3 whole incomings, instead of being 1 of 5 fleets needed to cover 1 inc, I give my alliance more fleets to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
All true - except that Angels occasionally aimed to win a round. Their dramatic failure every time was, unsurprisingly, in part due to players such as you who left them impotent when going on the offensive against 1up.
I had a pnap 1 round I can even point to the topic where I explained why I had it (I was in a galaxy with 6 1up and 2 reunion players) Other than that, I had never had, nor have had since, a pnap anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I lolled at your alliance history.
Bet you'd lol more at my rankings history than I wasn't a def whore for nothing -_o

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote