View Single Post
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 23:03   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: A strange question....

I quite like the idea of 5 week rounds. Keep the ticks at 1 per hour and halve the research time for all research (Heavy Cargo Transfers should maybe not be reduced by that much though).
Construction might be a problem though. The obvious solution would be to halve the amount of time it takes to complete a Construction but then you'll have people completing their structures in 5 or even 2 ticks. Perhaps to make up for this it should be possible to queue your constructions. Have maybe 1 or 2 queue slots, that way you don't have to wake up every couple of hours to do more constructions.

Jolt won't want to have transactions of lower than £5 due to the fees they have to pay but I don't think this is too much of a problem. Just have each credit worth half as much as they are now. So £5 would buy you 2 credits, £10 would buy you 6 credits, etc...

Should help attract new players too as the end game boredom won't be such a problem so freebies that sign up late in the round won't be put off by the lack of activity. They also won't have to wait weeks and weeks for the new round to start. I imagine that the current length of 10 weeks puts a lot of new people off.