Thread: Longer Round?
View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 02:54   #36
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Longer Round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Yeah, but they can't really just change the length in the middle of a round. That would be like changing the stats.
They've done that before too!

I find myself feeling that a 7 week round is a tad short too - but clearly a round should not last longer than it was originally announced to be. I wouldnt mind trying a 9 week round, especially given the much faster start-ups that this round experienced, as that could liven things up quite alot.

Another thing with longer rounds and roids is that for most planets, they loose ships and resources in the process of capping roids - if a normal landing takes say 72 ticks for those roids to repay, then you need to hold onto them for that long to make it (value-wise) breakeven. When 72 hours is 6% of a round, that doesnt give alot of space for all that many landings to repay themselves. So, i think its a valid consideration.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote