Thread: Longer Round?
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 16:12   #5
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Longer Round?

PaTeam (or Jolt) found it nessecary to fit more rounds into a full year, and apparantly 5 rounds of 7 weeks (and 5 times a 3 week 'between round'-break) fits nicely in a year. I'm not sure if this had to do with being able/allowed to run a free round once a year thanks to the planning, but i think that was one of the reasons. As for the players being blind, apart from either playing (and then chosing to pay or not) or not playing at all, they have little choise since it is PaTeam (and Jolt?) who decide how long the rounds will be.

That said i personally have always thought a 9 week round (4 rounds a year) would be just fine, these 7 week rounds are pretty short in terms of getting the game rolling. Although with current political climate it might not matter at all for who will be the winners.