Thread: OK. Newdawn
View Single Post
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:17   #130
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OK. Newdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Lokken, you keep trying to "force a point". When you fail to realize that you are only reniforcing the whole "noone left", or "no proper incoming". Other alliances dying has nothing to do with ND. Thats a form of you trying to blame the universe for dying. You should be thanking the universe. Due to most alliances dying you landed #2. Who did you fight to earn your #2? Reunion?
As far as i'm concerned, ND had one big chance - couldn't take it - I'm very angry about it, can't blame anyone, it's our tough luck as far as i'm concerned. Am I angrywe've not finished 1st? Yes.

Do I think we deserve criticism for something that ultimately from our point of view was beyond our control? No. It's not just the loss of key individuals, it's large amounts of firepower being stuck in vacation mode.

We've had isolated nights of heavy incoming from alliances much bigger than us while we were quite small, we simply informed them directly that if they chose to continue, we'd be more than happy to sacrifice our own ranking to ruin their prospects (and actively support their enemies) and they stopped, went elsewhere and this allowed us to attack as we pleased. This I believe should not be an objectionable policy to you. We simply let alliances know that we wouldn't tolerate heavy incoming from anyone and that if they cared more about their 1up vs X conflict, they'd get along with that.

We don't have the depth of 1up, as xtothez rightly pointed out. This is because the majority of the experienced players who can step in if needed prefer to be in 1up knowing that they'll only be called on in emergency and beyond that they won't have to put in the hours required of someone in a full time role not to mention be in a group where everyone is guaranteed nailed on quality. Whether that's lazy or simply a reflection on what most old school players feel is the right thing, I'm not too sure but what I can certainly say is that 1up are certainly the PA equivalent of a "brain drain".

I don't see much point in having a go at ND. We can only be ahead of what is around at the time. If other alliances are being shit and our ranking doesn't justify our ability, that's either good work on our part, or the fault of everyone 3rd or behind. If we're 2nd just by 'existing', surely then that does reflect that it's not us that's the problem, it's the opposition. We just do our jobs and launch fleets. If there's any villains in this round, it's those alliances who just folded and didn't focus on playing as a team and recruiting on the basis "oh that bunch are good".

Ultimately this round has boiled down to quality and numbers because eventually the lack of politics (you can't play politics if there is no one to play with) demanded it.

As for the "whether this round is boring" debate: I'll tell you this: It stinks of average entertainment wise.