View Single Post
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 23:55   #36
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best Sci-Fi Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
The fifth element was really quite enjoyable. And what's wrong with 2001: A Space Odyssey? It's either that, Bladerunner or one of the original Star Wars filems for my personal choice.
I'd try and argue the case for 2001, as I bought the DVD a year or two ago (also I have a pretentiously stupid loyalty to Kubrick, even though he really has churned out a lot of shit).

I wouldn't have a leg to stand on though. Since buying the DVD, I've watched it only once (and then slightly obligatory, after all, I'd just PAID for the damn thing).

When tracing my finger down my DVDs, I often skip it, mainly due to it just lasting a long time and clinging onto a sliver of a plot - not enough of a plot to last 2 hours or so of feature film time. Lack of character development, it relying solely on the "man-made machine getting clever and rebelling" Frankenstein plot... it's decidedly mediocre. I'm sure it was wonderful and ground-breaking in its day. Now though? I don't think it's stood the test of time.