View Single Post
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 21:10   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best Sci-Fi Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
I've looked at its website, but I can't see it being better than star wars.
Mainly because Star Wars isn't really that good, especially if you take the franchise as a whole. Even just

Serenity won because it's relatively new and also because there are quite a lot of internet active Whedon / Firefly fans out there who take this sort of thing quite seriously (I don't doubt there was some kind of bloggers campaign). This faction is probably disproportionately common in SFX's audience given that SFX tends to adore Whedon too (or did when I read it for a while).

Of courser, that doesn't mean Serenity isn't an enjoyable movie, but it's doubtful it will be even in the top five in a similar poll in five or ten years, or even a larger poll with a wider audience. In the longer term I suspect films like Blade Runner, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Alien, Solaris, Space Odyssey 2001, Metropolis, etc would tend to dominate.

My personal faves, to turn this into a banal ranking thread are probably Blade Runner, 12 Monkies and maybe Terminator 2. I hate Space Odyssey 2001 and everyone who likes it too. And yes, that includes you.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote