View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 19:35   #48
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Message to Vikings from Spore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Then why did Forest state that we were the least hostile alliance towards you?
The only answer I have for that is that I have no idea.

Quote:
And the wrong path for the round would be not blocking up?
Our natural inclination nowadays is to not block up and that would have been how we felt at the time. However we know that we are not a big enough alliance this round to dictate the round's politics. Consequently whilst we can make plans and do what we can to affect outcomes, ultimately we are largely only in a position to react to events. This means our plans had to change several times.

Quote:
I mean, all fine that you wanted to war us, but don't act sanctemoneous when we choose to war you.
Choosing to go to war with us is fine too, unless you have said that you won't be. I make a point of telling the truth and Clouds has always told me that he does the same. If I said that to an alliance, then we would not go to war with them unless they started it, regardless of other considerations. We would be true to my word. I would have to think long and hard before I said such a thing because I know how difficult it would be to guarantee such a thing, you have to be pretty certain of your path. But once said, that would be it for us. Maybe we just have different standards to Vikings; maybe our word and integrity means more to us as you don't seem to see this as a problem. Had the boot been on the other foot right now, I would have had a heavy conscience.