View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2007, 15:11   #14
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random roid discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Any system that would use: the more of <something> the more roids you discover, will enlarge the gap between large en small players. We dont want another system where large planets benefit.
The more roids you've lost over the round, the more roids you discover. That wouldn't benefit larger players more than smaller players would it

I think a flat random rate might be a good place to start with this. I also like Wandows's suggestion that active fleets have a chance of finding roids. It's very easy to decide how many maximum if the rate is flat, just multiply the percentage by 24 ticks per day. For example, 10% per tick means 2.4 roids per day. If the goal is (say) 10 roids per day per planet, the percentage per tick should be 10/24 = 41.7% per tick.

Rewarding active fleets provides incentives to both attack and defend, knowing that 'at the very least, I'll find some random roids'. Of course, some people would prefer the roids go to inactive targets as well, so that active players can farm them...