View Single Post
Unread 1 Apr 2008, 09:09   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Scrap the PT336 BP-join feature

This was more if someone signed up and said "hey, this game is ok, maybe I can get my mate in". Or more experienced players, who want to get a friend to play, can say "hey, come play IN MY GALAXY" rather than "come play in some random galaxy and never see me".

Alternatively, some people do miss tick start for holidays etc, or initially think "I won't play" but then everyone else does so they want to play again - they can sign up and play with friends.

It's actually easier to start smaller in a bigger galaxy - less likely to be hit, able to initiate more roids than you would otherwise be able to, etc...

Finally, the decision to change it to 2 people tick 336 and 4 now was taken so we have more buddy packs but the same possible number of "private" people. It's a bit of an experiment - partly to see how many people use their private invite. I know that last round, some people came to me complaining they had lots of people wanting to sign up. I have no doubt that, for abuse (xp whoring is the major one here, to "catch up"), or to get friends to play with you for whatever reason, some fair % of the middle/ high galaxies will use their invite.

Someone remind me end of round and I'll look for exactly the %.