View Single Post
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 20:55   #31
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A Gym / Muscle Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Depends on your training schedule, food and your own body. An untrained skinny body will oftenly show development after already a month. When you got more fat it's harder to notice on the short term. Kane got a point but it's a bit more complicate then just increasing your calory intake. The quality of calories is key. Muscles have problems developing when being on a protein shortage as well. If you're a skinny bastard who never has problems of developing a belly or love handles, just eat the **** out of anything and train.

15 might be a bit too much if you are aiming to get bigger muscles. 15 leans more toward developing muscle condition. try doing 5x5 for a while of 3x8/4x8 (you get the idea) with heavier weights. Ofcourse i've got no idea what kind of exercises you are doing and on what frequency. Still there is no magic formula, different bodies react differently on training methods.

Keep in mind that biceps are easy to overtrain. When I started I was doing at least 15 sets (10 repeats each) a week. Sometimes twice a week because i was wondering why i'm growing so slowly. After gathering information (internet ftw!) i found out that rest is of the same importancy as the training itself, same goes for food. Now I do maximal 12 sets a week. Amongst bodybuilders 9 till 12 sets each week is a standard rule. Except for when you're a genetic freak or on steroids that is. Muscle do not grow when you are training but when you are resting while getting fed. You train to 'damage' them so your body will notice they need repairings and reinforcements.
Thanks for all that information, ill try increasing the weights and resting more. I should probably also eat more. I'm not exactly skinny, but not fat either, I'm pretty much happy as it is, except for the lack of muscle mass.