View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 21:33   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Gym / Muscle Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
First of all, stop using a curl machine. There are several fairly decent excuses to use machines for some parts of the body but I really don't see why you just don't pick up barbells and dumbells instead of a bloody curl machine to do your biceps. In most cases, free weights are superior to machines for loads of reasons.
To be honest I really don't know why you seem to be injured (if you are, maybe it is just the normal pain you get after a bit of inactivity) as I've never used a curl machine, we don't have one in the gym. Does it force you to straighten your arms completely flat when you stretch out? Where do you feel pain? in the bicep or inside the elbow? Or is it the lower arm part?

Besides that, what does your biceptraining look like during a week? You do 5 sets in the curl machine to return back to it later to do some more every trainingssession?

ive just restarted so atm its just remebering what i used to do. however i figured last time id 'keep doing sets' until failure to see how many i could do which was oddly a fair few even though i havnt been in ages.

Ill use the free weights from now on. Thing is that ive read that although free weights are better in terms of using more muscles and supporting muscles which machines dont they also pose a greater risk of injury because the movement can go to shit if your arm gives in causing problems. hence why ive stuck to the machines for now.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote