View Single Post
Unread 1 May 2007, 14:50   #5
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Re: [job]graduate recruitment[rant]

i'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just saying the way things are is crap and it doesn't allow you to shine in any light other than the one that a graduate 'should' shine in.

I didn't want the RM job, and I didn't read up about their company because I was using it as a learning experience. I bet there's hundreds of people out there who have done the same - I also bet there's a hundred grads out there who hate me for admitting that I took a limited slot on an assessment centre for something I didn't want when chances are a lot of them would have killed for it... That's life eh?

That's a funny point you've made about sloppy seconds, and yes it was an inevitable eventuality to bump into a grad here or there... but 5 in 3 centres? wow... that's taking the piss. Here's hoping T-Mobile will call me back tomorrow when that arrogant Canadian guy turns down their job offer....

Only thing I'm ranting about is that graduates have no individuality these days, and we all need to conform to the extremely (often unreasonable) high expectations of recruiters (who through no fault of their own, only want the best for themselves).

Oh, and for the record... I have worked in HR and Finance and the amount of abuse that is hurled our way is ridiculous. As an HR professional you'll do 99 things right in a day, but when you do one thing wrong that's all you remember. Yes our job is to get you a job, to keep you happy, and to make sure you're paid (we do payroll remuneration and benefits here also), but saying that we're not worthy of our job only goes to prove that we're doing something important - because if we weren't there wouldn't be something worthwhile for us to mess up, and you wouldn't have such ill-feeling towards us (as we are enablers, and quite often, admitedly, suck at enabling)...

...the major thing i'm pissed off at is that i didn't get the job because they wanted an energetic accountant..... yeah ok... and I want Arsenal to sign a slow winger...

...such is the way with rants though - chances are i'm just upset and posting to get it out of my system, while raising a semi-decent obscure point about something which nobody (including myself) really cares about... :P

edit: actually, yeah i am and have been asking around internally to see if there's anything else i can do on a straight-to-job-role, cos this grad scheme thing is starting to piss me off...

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote