Thread: Exiling
View Single Post
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 14:06   #23
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Exiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I personally think that maybe the 48 hours is a little to long, maybe 24 would be better, but i'm a strong advocate of not being able to exile planets in protection.

To go off topic a little and discuss an idea I had for next round:

Ideas:
Make it so planets in protection cannot see anything on galastatus
Make it so planets in protection cannot see who is online

When a galaxy returns from c200 or self exiles it is put in protection for 24 ticks.

Theese have two effects :-
new planets and exilees can't spy on galaxies
there is a severe drawback to self exiling and hence less people will do it

Note these ideas have not really bene thought through, they just came into my mind.
Noone seems to be paying much attention to the merits of this its actually a very good idea imo

The not being able to see gal status ect for people in protection ofc is a good idea as it prevents spies but the self exiles and exiling out of c200 going into protection is also a good idea it means that you kill 2 birds with one coding (dont have to code different rules for these people if their just put in protection).

It means that you wont have people bouncing round the uni roiding gals it also means that people who exile out of a hostile gal have an opertunaty to settle down in their new on before getting massive incoming.

It also means that people who are exiled out of their gal (mainly new players) have a little more time to settle in their new gal or build them selves up a bit.

Are their any drawbacks im missing?