Thread: Well done Ult
View Single Post
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 20:20   #233
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Well done Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
I haven't said anything about CT thus far. You need to read posts a little better.
The "you" in my post was in reference to the posters you'd just identified as not being asc or ult. not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
I was responding to your incorrect statement that Ult and Asc posters were saying CT needed to change. See, right here:
Turns out that you weren't actually saying that. See, right here:
"Just to further dismiss your point, the amount of people who actually DC in Ult (and who dc'ed in Asc) is a lot smaller than you seem to think. Generally speaking a BP will have one or two people who dc, and anyone going random gets left out to dry if they haven't arranged someone to do it for them or ended up in a fort galaxy.".

See how what you were actually doing was talking down ults' relative activity to ct as opposed to talking about the alliance affiliations of posters talking about suggested improvements to cts defence culture? It's always a beautiful thing when this happens right after some smug idiot started his post with "You need to read posts a little better."

Quote:
Originally Posted by shev
Here is my first comment on CT in this thread: If you can't get any DCs at all, which is what two of you have now claimed, then you should disband. What exactly are you offering you members?
I imagine whoever said that was suggesting that they have no guaranteed dcs for certain time periods or whatever. they still seem to cover inc pretty well. ofcourse not every alliance can offer a parasite like yourself a guaranteed personal nightly dc and bc to assign targets for you. You've obviously mastered the productivity to be found in a two logins per day play style coupled with fortuitous friendships made throughout your PA career, ensuring a coveted leftover spot in one of the hardcore alliances. The problem is that there's only so many of those spots out there. Where are ct players going to move to? What's the better option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shev
If all of them are happy joining an alliance that doesn't offer defence, then why are you whining about it?
Without wanting to play to your intellectual strengths (knowing the alliance history of various players), i'm pretty sure it isn't ct players (or me) whining about a lack of defence in ct here. i'm pretty sure the whining is coming from people who desperately want to make an insightful post about how to improve alliances underneath ultores, but after several re-writes just have to settle with a slightly reworded derivative of "get better"

Last edited by oil; 27 Sep 2012 at 20:30.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote