Thread: Well done Ult
View Single Post
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 18:14   #229
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Well done Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
He's not Ult or Asc. Neither is Paisley, who is the other person who frequently talks about CT needing to change their defence culture.
The last time i read these boards it was asc posters saying the same crap, as if they had discovered some deeply interesting way to manage their community rather than just possessing players who are more active than everyone else and more interested in the game. If you're not an ult/app poster saying it now then i don't know why you're saying it to begin with because you're not in an alliance that can really point at ct's ability in a questioning manner anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Just to further dismiss your point, the amount of people who actually DC in Ult (and who dc'ed in Asc) is a lot smaller than you seem to think. Generally speaking a BP will have one or two people who dc, and anyone going random gets left out to dry if they haven't arranged someone to do it for them or ended up in a fort galaxy.
You're not "further dismissing my point" when you aren't responding to the content of it in the first place, which is that the repeated "get more dedication from your players" suggestion is useless bullshit. I really couldn't care less how your buddypacks function. nearly every inc on an ult planet gets covered unless the entire active universe is hitting them. The actual issue of exactly how you set up having ten times as many dcs as ct doesn't detract from the fact that you still have that many more of them to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper
not really sure why "Become more dedicated" or "Change the culture" isn't good advice on how to win the round?
Because saying "you should get your members to be more dedicated" is the exact equivalent in usefulness as saying "do better next round". Exactly what should the hc do to make their players more dedicated? exactly what part of cts "culture" needs to change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_esper
Seems to me like its a solution you haven't tried, its just CT's player base isn't prepared to do that.
And the reason why it isn't a solution is because of the part i have bolded for you in your very own sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_esper
If you're just going to flag ship 1-2 planets because that's all the def pool can manage to defend. Then have THAT as your goal for the round.
Ct's been quite open about going for lesser victories once ally win looks to be off the cards (and why wouldn't you be), and as already stated, no one in ct appears to be trumpeting about their impending victory. i'm confident you didn't just make that shit up because you're mad about how ronin kept beating you and your friends to the top spot though so we'll just leave that there.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote