Unread 12 Sep 2005, 19:40   #22
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Promote the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
What i did to promote the game:

- Spend many hours on many Planetarion channels trying to help those who join the channels with doubts about anything and explain them about the game

- Joined EFnet using cgirc to spam Planetarion url on some major channels

- Use Planetarion url as quit message in most networks im into

- Use Planetarion url as signature in my mails

- Use Planetarion url as my webpage info on all profiles of all forums im into

- Use the invite friends feature to invite eventually emails i get from people who plays any games

- Started threads to discuss about Planetarion on every RTS Games forums i am into

- Sent mails to google, yahoo, and some major portal talking about Planetarion, its potential as marketing tool, how great is to have one site wich thousands have to check many times a day and suggested them to buy it.

- Promoted meetings on my city trying to make my friends who plays local clones and dont like english-speaking games to get into the game ended up joining the game to understand when we discuss about the game politics

- Spent many hours offering support to anyone who asked me help

- Bitched any old PA player i had contact to include their history on PA Wiki and about anything PA Related, and writing myself based on interviews when they dont want to do themselves so new players get more about how the game become what is today

- Spent many hours thinking about what else i could do to help to promote the game

What i did get from all of this:

- Frustration
- Annoyed with lazy PA players who think besides spent many hours having fun with the game it is not worth of any effort to promote it since they arent playing anymore
- Headaches
- Ignored pms when i try to talk with many HCs to set some type of alliance support for new players
- Stupid kiddy Jesterina banning me for stupid reasons with no warning instead to bother to thanks effort of a player to help on the Wiki project
- Jolt blocking eventual players from paying making them gave up the round and maybe the game
- No Jolt support to any effort made by community
- No "thank you for helping" from anyone who might profit from it
- Disapoitment to see the community bothers only with what the game represents to themselves and no one else
- Auto-messages from google and other big companies about my mails
- Bans from EFnet about me spamming
- Some level of success and good sensations of bringing some old PA players back into the game
- Some level of happyness on making galmates/new players i found ramdomly to reach one more stable level of participation into the game

What i will intend to do to promote the game:

- Evething above and everything who eventually comes into my mind
Well, Let me say THANKS then.
Its a lot more then i could ever do
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote