View Single Post
Unread 23 Feb 2016, 16:20   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Alliance limits 40/60 split

I am curious to know what people thought of the change to alliance count and contributing score of members. Currently its max of 60 members with the top40 contributing to score.

What I like is now there are (potentially) more alliance able to go for the win. With only 40 counting towards ally score which is used to determine the winner mid tier alliance do have the chance to win the round. On paper its not the usual 2/3 alliances battling it out for the win.

What I dont like is that alliances that have over 50/54 members can afford to hide crashes more. They also benefit from pure defense planets quite a bit. This means that alliances that are between 35-45 members have quite a significant disadvantage compared to an alliance that has 53 or more members. The bigger member alliance can take more risks in landing the smaller alliance even if it means 1 of their top40 counting score planet crashes since another member can (potential) take their spot and reduce the crashed value amount.

I have mixed feelings about the set up. I like having more alliance being able to potentially win the round so I would like the counting score to low, 40 is a good number. I dont like the fact that with ally limit being 60 it gives the fuller tags quite a BIG advantage in terms of defence planet and being able to crash to take out their enemy.

Realistically (imo) an alliance just needs a few scanners so having 5 not counting towards score should be implemented. Something like 40/45 would "level" the playing field.

In any case what are other peoples thought on the 40/60 member split?

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote