View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2005, 15:33   #18
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: lack of incentives for midround sign ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
it's not THAT hard to start late... surely not if you are an ex player..
Depends - I can have a bit of fun in 2 weeks as a free account (whihc is the length of ttime I will have played this round at the end), but sign up for a account with no incentive? Nah I will stick to freebie land

Quote:
giving planets that many resources as you wanted is way too much and get abused way too easily...
Abuse will always be an issue in PA - greed and desire to do well ppl will always have ways around the rules, the way to deal with it is through proper policing.

Quote:
as for late starters XP is very handy and you can have a big planet (scorewise) in no time if you want to be active... if you don't intend on being active it doesn't really matter how many resources you get regardless.
Agreed, but at least it does level the playing field somewhat and allow a player to contribute to the game and learn more about it rather than been that far behind on res and cons you actually learn little about the game.

I dunno about you but I signed up late for round 1 and i did very little because i was so late signing up. Had i been given a few ships, res and cns I could have made a much bigger learning curve than i did in the end. That is what this is about - giving someone the chance to learn or relearn the mechanics of the game without getting hung up on the cons and res
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote