View Single Post
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 01:08   #38
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A necessary evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Worse than ending up with lots of galaxies that hardly have any players in, or which are disadvantaged because some galaxies have a far higher proportion of private planets in?
Buddypacks were created in response to Round 11 (I'm pretty sure that it was R11 now) as a way to avoid the problems created by trying to implement the R6 system again.

(incidentally I do remember Round 6, it was the galaxy where you were GC and appointed Morden as MoW who then proceeded to attack with Fury, rather than create attacks for the galaxy. Since the player numbers continued to go down after that point I think that that was the beginning of the situation we're in now, where in galaxies alliance membership is prized above all else. People playing alliance>galaxy is whats killing it, which I suppose is a good case to be arguing for smaller galaxies overall, ie, not lumping groups of players together. On the other hand the smaller, and more close-knit a galaxy gets, the less chance there is of a new player being welcome, and the greater the paranoia connected with every new arrival)
Numbers started going down after r4.

Also, you'll never have a situation where galaxies are right for everyone. there are always discontents. You have to accept that. As it stands, current galaxies suit the odd individual who gets lucky, but do not benefit any group, on the whole, galaxy setup as is is bad for all concerned,