View Single Post
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 00:02   #30
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Re: A necessary evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I'm sorry, but what the hell are you on about? I am not sure I understand your point. The options I see are that you are suggesting including randoms leads to the problems I mentioned, which I strongly disagree with (people choose to go random, and hence have the mentality to be able to get on with people on different sides, if they didn't they wouldn't have gone random). Errrr.... I can't think what other point you could possibly be making. Any chance you could explain? The only option I can see for your argument is completely illogical.
You're right, my initial post wasn't exactly expressive. My comment was aimed more at the people who seem to think that the current system helps the new or less active players - which it patently doesn't. In fact, with the system as it is currently the slope is steeper than even private galaxies would make it, as all the top galaxies exile anyone looking even slightly inactive.

I'd choose to take away the emphasis on luck of exile and initial sorting on the round - 3, 4 or 5 man private galaxies is what i'd like. This would get rid of the problem of in gal politics etc. It would take away a social aspect of the game that has been getting more and more poisoned as the rounds have gone on, mainly due to the decreasing playerbase. I'm aware of the fact that given the vilification of private galaxies as the root of all that is evil this will never happen, but I don't like seeing mixed gals - it leads to the hiding, the conflict, the suspicion. As a new player, the most fun I had was when I joined my first private galaxy with a guy who invited me over in-game mail.

Sorry for my rather unhelpful initial post.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote