View Single Post
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 22:07   #21
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: A necessary evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash
I don't know what thread you've been reading tbh. People have been talking about a system where privates are mixed with randoms, pretty much as it is now, only the privates will be much more likely to cooperate and get the randoms on base. Tick 0 to 36 can be the same, as it's the shuffle that changes.

Yes, an "impregnable fortress" of 10-12 planets, where only 4 of them are from a buddypack

The exiling thing obviously needs to be looked over, but kal seems to be heading in the right direction. There is less incentive to self-exile to try and find the best gal in this system because of the outlined restrictions. Though I think some way of exiling completely inactive buddy pack members wouldn't be out of line.
After actually reading the thread it seems that you are correct. I was being lazy and not actually reading the words that were in front of my face. As an attempt to make a comeback from this I shall now go on in an attempt to save face and say why the current system does not need changing:

The purpose of buddy packs is to create a core for every galaxy so that they all have a chance to do well. Allowing up to 6 people to be in buddy packs (where the buddy pack members only choose up to 2 other buddy packers) is the perfect number. This way no group of people that choose to play together can completely dominate a galaxy because they can be overwhelmed by the randoms and the other people in the galaxy who also came from a buddy pack.
Making galaxies have only 1 buddy pack with 4 people in it makes the core far less capable of helping the galaxy as a whole. These 4 people, while at least semi organised since they managed to get a buddy pack together, could well be totally incompetent at making the galaxy work well. At least with two buddy packs you have a chance to offset a bad buddy pack by the fact that there is 1 other buddy pack there.