View Single Post
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 21:08   #18
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A necessary evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
1 buddy pack of 4 people per gal
This is a nice limit I think, or at least, 40% of the final fixed limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
base exile/self exile formulae on number of paid planets not number of planets - this will stop people going into the #1 gal (most likely it will anyway) when they exile
Also a good idea, however, I think the exile system needs to be looked at in more detail before we can commit to anything such as this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
either make exile/self exiel more expensive OR limit exile frequency
I doubt self-exile will be used as much as we are seeing it this round if your last point is agreed upon. However, should we not employ that idea, I don't think it should be limited or have the cost increased - with a limit in the galaxy sizes we should hopefully see a decrease in the number of exiles anyway, and we would simply be prolonging somebody's bad playing experiences in return for a few less powerhouses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
no artifical limit on galaxy size BUT I expect this change would bring galaxy size down to 10-12
No. I've stated my reasons above but it is still open to discussion (I may be reading what I want to read, but from the general gist of things, people are tending to agree with me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
members of buddy packs cannot self exile OR be exile from a galaxy - it is their galaxy - they should decide who can be in it or not
This is a very nice idea. However, this is because I can't think of anything wrong with it other than people will be less willing to choose a buddy pack.
EDIT: I no longer agree with this.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"

Last edited by The Real Arfy; 21 Aug 2005 at 23:50.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote