Thread: OK. Newdawn
View Single Post
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:12   #114
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: OK. Newdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I said Chika was one of the pple ... you asked for an example. I do not keep a list of 1up posters or anything ...

Yes I agree there's a difference between just being arrogant and stating the fact. But while stating the fact, you can either state the facts, or do the same AND be arrogant.

For example, r11 1up won. You could say "we won, look at the rank (fact)". You could also say "We won because we owned everyone and the other alliances are inferior quality, see rank (also fact)" ...

You see the difference, in both examples you stated the fact and spoke the truth, yet the 2nd one was pure arrogance.

If you need other examples of 1up posters who post facts but in an arrogant way: Zhil, theRat, Idler, Treveler, Mazzelaar (yes sometimes you can be arrogant aswell) ...

Most of the pple I named, I get along with great. Nor do I say it's a bad thing they react like that, I know I do the same. But it COULD be a reason why others perceive you as arrogant (while stating the facts).
I completely disagree. I don't read every post on here but I have never, other than Idlers tongue in cheek post that Zoof pointed out, seen a 1up member say anthing like "We won 'cos you suck". Stating we won and then outlining area's of inferiority (such as LCH permitting planet naps in the past) isn't arrogance, it's a supported opinion. If it's not one you like then tough shit, but it certainly isn't gloating/arrogance/being a twat.

As for the others:

Zhil isn't arrogant, he is just a 1up zealot who would support 1up over anything.
TheRat is no longer 1up.
Idler is a fool who just trolls around the boards trying to draw flames. This has nothing to do with his own belief in anyones ability. He just enjoys winding people up.
Treveler I always thought of as a 1up poster but a fairly honest and accurate in terms of assessing the actions of others.
As for my arrogance. Well, please point me towards a post.

I personally think the 'arrogance' tag is more along the lines of not liking what they say and not having a better argument against their point of view.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters