View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 21:38   #24
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: A brief review of movies I have seen lately

i saw Cidade De Deus (City of God) last night, and it was fairly excellent. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0317248/usercomments for more detailed opinion on it.) also saw a bbc documentary feature called The War Game which was about the effect of a possible nuclear war during the cold war, it was made in the 60's - and got subsquently banned after government intervention, whilst very grim, i found it a good watch.

some time ago i watched a movie called Requiem for a Dream, which at first watch i thought was mindblowing, the effect rapidly decreased on second and third watch but neverthelethe constant draining & desolute nature of the film still serves to make it a very strong film and i'd recommend it to anyone, though i'm not sure i'd say it's "enjoyable" - but it sure as hell is something, it's hard to describe. infact, i was more or less speechless after the first viewing.

i'm probably watching blue velvet and all about lily chou chou soon too.

edit: nod, i still think you give far too much credit to batman begins, i'm really not sure how anyone can forgive that retarded villain. am i alone in that? i really can never forgive films with a bad second half or endings, or with some ridiculous concept fitted in, etc.

Last edited by jerome; 8 Jul 2006 at 22:23.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote