View Single Post
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:30   #346
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: NewDawn's Official Proposal to Furious Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
if you ppl are as good as you say you are (i already said u got potential) then turn that joke into a fact. and compete for a real round. where you FIGHT for the win. untill then, ascendancy will be a one-hit-wonder, living off it's single past success, currently playing as exi flak (as stated above : flak=coordinating attacks/fc's with them instead of having own agenda)

"some" members chose to get targets with exi? most of asc high-ranked planets do it, and the others dont count, as fleetsize is too small to make a difference.
Perhaps our agenda is so complex that mere mortals cannot possibly comprehend it, its multifarious tendrils reaching into every dark corner of the Planetarion political sphere!

I was going to write an insulting post, calling you an idiot. But someone else already did that, and if I posted every time I thought someone said something idiotic then I would be posting all day. So, for some variety, I will try to address your argument seriously.

Yes, Ascendancy do not run raids. Raids would require officers, and we don't have any of those. We do sometimes attack together, and sometimes we attack solo (this is a lot easier than most people think; it is not necessary to cover a whole galaxy to get roids).

Some people, some of the time join attacks with people from other alliances. Most of us have been around for years and have friends in various other alliances. Some of these are in eXilition. As an alliance, we neither condone or condemn members choosing to participate in attacks with people from outside of the alliance - members are free to do what they want, so long as they don't do anything shit. We try to avoid doing the same thing twice though, so next round we might do something completely different.

We find people in strictly-run alliances to be really funny. People who take planet NAPs seriously, people who lose hours of sleep each night running defence, people who get upset over losing a few ticks of roids - these people are incredibly amusing to us. We don't get upset about any of those things, and we can't understand why other people do (the standard theory is that everyone who isn't Asc must be really dumb, but even I have to admit that this is probably a tiny bit arrogant).

Your assertion that participating in a few attacks with eXilition amounts to some kind of political act is the kind of thing that we find very funny, because it shows that you are 'one of them', one of the people who thinks that there is only one way to play PA, the way that involves strict politics, people doing what they are told and behaving predictably. We like unpredictability and freedom, and we laugh at those people who need to be told what to do by their alliances.

This, in short, is why we disagree with you.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote