View Single Post
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 23:44   #124
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred of Bedrock
Round 7 was one of the absolutely absurd rounds of politics where Legion was quitting the game and the only person who cared how they did in the HC after the start was me. As far as politics go I really did not have anything to do with how they were set
Biggdogg and myself set up the block.

Quote:
up but I can tell you for sure that Cryptic had told me he planned to screw over every-one bar Legion. Maybe he was just playing me along for a fool, heck a few people did back then but after a while I did not realise who I could trust.
No, cryptic just talks alot of smack. One should be careful not to take Cryptic too seriously, but yah, of course cryptic wanted to screw everyone, thats what cryptic does, but like all of Fury command, winning came first. Fury wasnt Cryptic's toy to use for his personal whims even if he was active and running politics and military (which he wasnt).

Quote:
If you look through the history of the game you can see that most blocks turned on each other eventually so it is naive to not think that Fury had planned to turn on Legion if we did not have strengths.
Most of the time Fury and Legion turned on other members of the blocks, not each other so history doesnt support you here. It would certainly be niave to assume that Fury wouldnt turn on Legion if they felt they had to to win and vice versa, but it made no sense to assume Fury was going to hit legion, just because. And as events showed in the round, Fury had zeero intention of fighting a war with Legion. Even after members of Legion openly turned on Fury, I went out of my way to stop a war. I even gave Legion Titans, who I was quite fond of to avoid the war. Want to know why? Because Legion and Fury shared a ton of galaxies. A war between Fury and Legion (or Fury and Virus) would have been a bunch of mixed galaxies attacking each other. It would have been a mess for everyone involved and torn our galaxies apart. The round ended with Legion basically breaking up and much of it attacking me and my galaxy (which was a Legion galaxy aswell) so that galaxy more associated with Legion would win the round. I sucked it up. My job was to make sure Fury won, not to make sure my galaxy won.

All of Fury's decisions were based on nuts and bolts strategy, not personal feelings towards you or anyone.

Quote:
The very fact that they turned on me was enough to suggest it was always on their mind.
I didnt even know who you were at the start of the round. It was certainly never on my mind to turn on you and never on my mind to turn on Legion. You got on our bad side because when you took charge Legion became increasingly distant and uncooperative. As tension mounted in the block our concern was protecting our win. Thats it, nothing else. We feared that Legion and/or Virus would make moves to try and turn the block against us, since that is the only way either of you could win the round. And I know for a fact there were people in both Legion and Virus working to make thiat happen. And I dont blame them, its a war game after all.

The simple fact is that Fury had a comfortable lead. The status quo, while boring, was in our favor. We stood to gain nothing by turning on Legion and Virus, which is why we never did. And that explains quite well why it was Virus and Legion who eventually attacked Fury and not the other way around.

Quote:
Sid and Cryptic inactive, sure but it was only towards the end of the round that they worked against me...... which is quite a compliment in a back handed way.
Sid wasnt just inactive. He was completely missing. Thats why Cryptic was made CEO and I was running day-to-day operations. If Sid did in fact come back, he didnt tell me, and he didnt have anything to do with Fury policy at any point in the round. Cryptic was inactive, he was perfectly happy to let me run the alliance as long as we were winning. I called on Cryptic to become more active only when Legion/Virus/Fury were on the brink of war because members of Legion and Virus command were trying to shift the block to topple Fury and Cryptic had connections to members of Legion command. We did everything we could to STOP a war between Legion and Fury. And rightly or wrongly, you Fred, were seen as one of the people who was instigating that war, because relations broke down when you were in charge.

Quote:
So if you are still around I wish to say to all Fury people from round 7.... sorry that I did what I did to offend you but at the time my pride iin the Legion people made me want to protect them however I could.

I know Zhil never understood and probably still doesnt but again... sorry m8
I can garuntee you 100% that Fury never planned to turn on Legion in round 7 because I controlled Fury military and political operations for the entire round. We just wanted to ride out the round and get another win under our belt.

We did talk a little about starting a friendly war within the block. But only under the premise that it was friendly, everyone agreed to it, and it wouldnt pit gal m8s against each other. This proved impossible, so we gave up on the idea all together. We resigned ourselves to stagnation (Yes, I was that much of a jerk to the game then) and trying to keep Fang and Titans from getting unfairly cnutted because I felt I owed them something for thier unending cooperation. This was eventually used against us, we were accused of plotting against Legion and Virus. It was an utter fabrication.

Anway, dont worry about having offended me at least. I never blame anyone for trying to win in a war game.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 12 Oct 2006 at 23:55.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote