View Single Post
Unread 18 Aug 2008, 11:34   #11
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Should we be worried?

More effort needs to be put in to try and convince players who took part in the previous round (and a few rounds before).

Anything and everything should be tried. Give those who played the free round a special offer of 4 rounds for £10 instead of 3 rounds - but only if they take part in this round. I know the game is ridiculously cheap anyway, but it might convince a few people to sign up. Say that it's a special offer to celebrate OMAC taking a role in Planetarion (daft I know, but it makes OMAC look like good guys).

If the numbers for a round look particularly poor then get contacting all the people who aren't playing this round and either tell them how great that joining at tick 300 would be due to the extra research, or give them an exclusive special offer that if they sign up with their existing account they'll be given a head start at tick 168 (7 days) with some other similar benefits, only if they upgrade their account at the same time.

You need to put in effort instead of taking your playerbase for granted. I suppose this is one of the reasons why a permanent account (the passport) is such a vital tool, you'd be able to profile and categorise your players much more easily.

This is also why the game needs a community manager (portal maintainer, email newsletters, speaks to players) instead of a developer trying to do the role as a side job.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote