View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 11:33   #49
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: How many is too many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
1) That round 8 ended abruptly doesn't explain the low amount of players that round. No did of course not know that the round would end suddenly when they started it.
2) What JBG said.
3) I doubt 16k people would quit because of that.

Another one said Legion and Xanadu quit, but no way they had 16k members combined. It's more likely that Kal did a f*ck up in his estimates, seems like something he would do
1) Your forgetting that the initial signup numbers are not the same as the ending number. The round before they were getting 300 new signups a day. As such if a round ends before its even reached half way thats a fair number of signups you have lost

2) I don't really care if you and JBG believe the figures in red are estimates or not. Kal himself stated that the figures in red were estimates based on the information at hand and that's final.

3) I don't know, I seem to recall there was uproar when the game price went up, alot of people only saw the round out as they had spare credits and alot of other people were borderline about coming back because of the price and a further increase tipped them over the edge. Also alot of the more casual players quit as at this point the game was only really fun for the top alliances. Lower down you had basically given up half way through each round after being basher to oblivion quickly and repeatedly by he bigger players and paying more money for that privelege wasnt exactly appealing

Now the figures for that round are probally out, and there probally was an extra few k but almost certainly no where near the 16k lost.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote