Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   summer festivals (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190419)

the_dastardley_chihuahua 1 Apr 2006 10:41

summer festivals

ok, might be a topic on this but it aint on the front page so im doing another.

anyone going to any?

so far i bought tickets for the glade and roskilde. going roskilde in a camper van with some mates, should be ****ing brilliant. going to work the bar at missing near manchester and possibly work litter picking at the big chill.

wanted to go to v-fest, cos its 10 miles from my parents house, but weekend tickets sold out in 3 hours. then i wanted just a sunday ticket so i could see radiohead and beck but they sold out too. may try my luck with a tout.

roskilde: going to see bob dylan, guns 'n' roses, kanye west, and roger waters doing darkside of the moon (also arctic monkeys, franz ferdinand, morrisey, the streets, placebo)

where you going?

Nadar 1 Apr 2006 10:47

Re: summer festivals

I'm going to a festival at home as usual. It's a small one, but it hosts only well known bands in Norway. This year 'The Fabulous Thunderbirds' is playing, apparantly they were quite big in the 80's (when I ran around in Pampers). Anyone heard of them?

the_dastardley_chihuahua 1 Apr 2006 10:54

never heard of them, but after a quick google

Quote:

For the past 30 years, The Fabulous Thunderbirds have been the quintessential American band. The group's distinctive and powerful sound, influenced by a diversity of musical styles, manifested itself into a unique musical hybrid via such barnburners as "Tuff Enuff" and "Wrap It Up". Co-founder Kim Wilson, the sole original member, still spearheads the group as it evolves into its newest incarnation.

"We started as a straight blues band", vocalist and harmonica player Wilson says. "We now incorporate a mixture of a lot of different styles. We're an American music band and we're much higher energy than we were before."
sounds interesting, might look into them.

anyway, it doesnt matter which bands are playing: its who you go with and how many drugs you take that counts.

Dante Hicks 1 Apr 2006 10:57

Not sure yet. Possibly Reading. And maybe Download as while the line-up isn't particularly inspired I know a few people going.

the_dastardley_chihuahua 1 Apr 2006 10:59

one i wouldnt want to go to is leeds, they always have a riot. need to chill out oop north.

Tomkat 1 Apr 2006 11:17

I might go to Beautiful Days, but apart from that I don't think I'll bother.

Phang 1 Apr 2006 18:09

leeds: all the awesome music of reading, except with another stage, a better view of the main stage, and an arena that can fit more than a dozen people comfortably.

pablissimo 1 Apr 2006 18:21

If I'm not working the Fringe I'll probably end up at Leeds but can't see me going to anything else. Have been spending more money on specific gigs than festivals in the past couple years, festival line-ups have recently not really tickled my admittedly eclectic fancy

Ste 1 Apr 2006 22:43

i've got tickets to see foo fighters supported by the strokes in june but other than that I have no festival plans :(

Alki 2 Apr 2006 02:43

ima going to leeds fest. Since its the 'in' thing up here and last year it was awesome. Also i know about 200 people going, saying that i have a feeling tickets are gonna be **** hard to get

Filth 2 Apr 2006 02:55

Ill be going to reading festival as i have done for the last 4 years
I probably would have liked to go to T in the park - awesome line-up
Download would be good but doesnt it have the diversity of reading/leeds where u can always find something you like

the_dastardley_chihuahua 2 Apr 2006 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki
ima going to leeds fest. Since its the 'in' thing up here and last year it was awesome. Also i know about 200 people going, saying that i have a feeling tickets are gonna be **** hard to get

v sold out in 3 hours when in previous years they have been on sale for ages. that could be due to no glastonbury + radiohead playing. however i expect leeds/reading tickets will probably sell out on the day of release.

Razgriz 2 Apr 2006 03:04

I may go to download but untill i check the line-up i won't say for sure. I'm tempted just to go because i hear Avenged Sevenfold are supporting Guns N Roses... although i havn't confirmed that yet

Alki 2 Apr 2006 03:42

ive been told 1st april and 3rd april for ticket selling to leeds, anyone know for sure? dont wanna miss out

Yahwe 2 Apr 2006 03:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki
ive been told 1st april and 3rd april for ticket selling to leeds, anyone know for sure? dont wanna miss out

I know that it's the 2nd of april now.

so your options have decreased by 50%

Alki 2 Apr 2006 03:45

oh wow its april already, shit better get a move on fs

Tomkat 2 Apr 2006 11:10

Pity glasto isnt on this year :(

Alki 2 Apr 2006 13:15

LINE UP & TICKETS MONDAY 3RD APRIL
6:00pm 3 headliners announced
7:15pm Line up
7.30pm Tickets on sale

didnt miss it!

jupp 2 Apr 2006 13:21

i probably go here

Ärketrollmannen 2 Apr 2006 13:56

I'm going to Hultsfred. Korn, Kent, The Cardigans, Backyard Babies and The Soundtrack of our lives are pretty attractive.

All Systems Go 2 Apr 2006 14:03

I shall (hopefully) be going to Reading, possiby with my housemates.

Filth 2 Apr 2006 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razgriz
I may go to download but untill i check the line-up i won't say for sure. I'm tempted just to go because i hear Avenged Sevenfold are supporting Guns N Roses... although i havn't confirmed that yet

its hardly guns n' roses anymore, more of an axl rose tribute band and hes a bit of a cock to be honest
better off seeing velvet revolver with more guns n' roses people and mainly slash :D

nick 3 Apr 2006 09:25

glade, and possibly sonar (spain) and exit (serbia).

qebab 3 Apr 2006 09:39

Going to see Tool, Placebo, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, Death Cab for Cutie, Depeche Mode, Coheed and Cambria, and Muse at the Quart Festival. Was hoping to see Hot Hot Heat, Nine Black Alps, Yellowcard and Lostprophets too, but it doesn't look like they're coming :\

the_dastardley_chihuahua 3 Apr 2006 09:49

oh yeah, nearly forgot, will probably go to d:percussion in manchester catslefield again. taking my own booze this time tho, robbing bastards had me over a barrel last year!

QazokRouge5 3 Apr 2006 18:53

Polka festival in my hometown. We're the largest Czech communtiy in Texas, I believe.