Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rollback, Fleets recalled, Fleets flying ??? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197192)

Wouter 22 Nov 2008 20:57

Rollback, Fleets recalled, Fleets flying ???

So as I read about the rollback to 12.30GMT & fleets being recalled..
I came to the conclusion this is the best way out at all. I personally think this is one of the worst solutions that could have been picked. So here I am trying to change the minds of our PA team to get a better solution then the current one.
Let me first give all of you an example about what is going to happen.

Lets state that alliance Y is going to land at 11GMT & 12GMT, alliance X is going to land at 13GMT & 14GMT. So now this bug happend and PA is gonna have a rollback to 12.30GMT & a recall of all fleets. So lets put it like there are just 2 allies in this game to make this easier. Alliance Y is landing on alliance X & steals plenty of roids, alliance X which is about to land later doesnt get to land on alliance Y cause of fleets being recalled. So alliance Y gained roids & gets to keep them while alliance X, due a bug which was not their fault they got roided and they cant land their attacks.

This looks to me that their are some better solutions to solve the bug problem. As this is obviously in favour of alliance Y & I think it should be in favour of no one or in favour of everyone.
So here i come with 2 other solutions to this problem.

Solution 1 is, the game rolls back untill 10.30GMT so none of the allies land. So no one gains & no one loses anything. I personally dont care if some solo'ers or randoms did land their attacks as in this case it isnt 100% fair in either way, but I do agree that it should be fair alliance wise. So rollback to before all alliances land & let the ticks start again from there.

Solution 2 is, the game doesnt roll back at all, but it gets opened sooner then 12.30GMT so people have a chance to recall fleets that are eta 1/2 etc, in this case again, people that are eta 5 or that have just launched will have more possibility to get defence against, but again this is going over alot less people that are treathed "unfair". In the end late launchers on an ally will get 95% def against anyway. So to me its only ingal def that can be organized better.

I hope the PA team has an ear to this solutions & if anyone knows better solutions then me, share them with us.

agar3s

Light 22 Nov 2008 21:02

Re: Rollback, Fleets recalled, Fleets flying ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter (Post 3159223)
Solution 2 is, the game doesnt roll back at all, but it gets opened sooner then 12.30GMT so people have a chance to recall fleets that are eta 1/2 etc, in this case again, people that are eta 5 or that have just launched will have more possibility to get defence against, but again this is going over alot less people that are treathed "unfair". In the end late launchers on an ally will get 95% def against anyway. So to me its only ingal def that can be organized better.

Thats the best, open logins but keep ticks closed and the people have 12hours to login to move there fleet, if they dont login in that time.. they wouldnt of been logged in to move there fleet anyway.

Who the hell came up with the idea to 'recall fleets' right in the middle of when people are landing between 10-2am.

Membrivio 22 Nov 2008 21:03

Although you are Belgian, I have to agree with you. :p

I would opt for solution #1. However I would change the time to 8 or 9 am gmt, because imo that would be the most fair solution for the alliances as the landing times generally are between 10:00 and 16:00 and the choice for that time would be less arbitrary.

Cheers.

Edit: option two could be used as well, but im too tired to think more about it :p

Mystic 22 Nov 2008 21:18

I definitely have to agree with agar3s on the fact that this is too much in favor for some alliances. In support's post the mention that 12:30 was the first time they have on record that the problem happened. So why not just choose any time before that to make the recalls happen if even needed..
If this problem was something youve had for 15 rounds dont you think it should have been solved by now? And now youre recalling fleets due to the 1% of folks that have been affected. IF you really wanted to be fair what you would do is recall fleets attacking the folks that were afflicted by the prod bug. And recall their fleets as well.. Then fix your little bug and let the rest of the fleets fly. Its better for PA to really cater to keeping the majority happy than to make a big fuss over this issue and piss off 99% while making 1% happy ;) Food for thought.

Tharky 22 Nov 2008 21:35

the current solution is crazy, every1 but u can see that. Half the universe benefits from it, the rest dont . either every1 should, or none at all. by continuing the game at that time, and recalling fleets is a bad combination.. either continue where it left off wihtout recall, or recall everything from 0300 gmt so hardly any1 will cry about it.

DragonKing 22 Nov 2008 21:36

Solution 1 it has to be. simple easy

Stuhlman 22 Nov 2008 21:39

So now not only my hidden production is known, I get to lose my landing that happened the a tick before game was closed.
Alliances attacking earlier would get to keep their roids, then have their fleets back to launch a fresh attack out of all this.

It is much better to go without recalling fleets. Just let people login early before tick start and decide if they want to recall.

M0RPH3US 22 Nov 2008 22:30

yes why recall fleets at all, i understand the rollback, but let the fleets fly, open logins now and continue ticks 13 GMT. Thats enough time for everyone to recall if needed.

there is no reason to recall fleets really, it just ****s some ppl, while others who lost roids are rolling on the floor laughing about PA-Crews lameness :o

PDTemplar 22 Nov 2008 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3159226)
Thats the best, open logins but keep ticks closed and the people have 12hours to login to move there fleet, if they dont login in that time.. they wouldnt of been logged in to move there fleet anyway.

Who the hell came up with the idea to 'recall fleets' right in the middle of when people are landing between 10-2am.

I have to agree to that to, recalling fleets in the way it is done now is affecting the game way more then the bug has affected the game so the solution chosen by the pa-team is way worse then the bug ever was....

Just open up the game without ticks and let the fleets where they were with ofc the ability to recall if people want to

Benneh 23 Nov 2008 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuhlman (Post 3159241)
So now not only my hidden production is known, I get to lose my landing that happened the a tick before game was closed.

er lets be honest it was pretty obvious what it was :/

Makhil 23 Nov 2008 02:55

Interesting suggestions for next round. But for the current situation only 1 solution: applying the rules.

Stuhlman 23 Nov 2008 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3159268)
Interesting suggestions for next round. But for the current situation only 1 solution: applying the rules.

Apply the rules and there is no next round.
Rollback should to the time before any alliances landed their attacks for the day, or rollback to problem time leaving all fleets flying. Simply the damage to people with hidden production is already done, there is no reversing that, so what do you accomplish by punishing half the universe and making them lose their landings?
since damage happened already to people with hidden production just continue the game where you stopped it, forget about fixing that BUG now that you admitted knowing about it for 12 rounds!!!

Stuhlman 23 Nov 2008 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh (Post 3159264)
er lets be honest it was pretty obvious what it was :/

Ok Benneh using your brains rather than your honesty, exactly what other than "DE" would you so obviously know? about hidden production in Terran medium factories?
Obviously you don't know, otherwise you would not honestly say that.

wakey 23 Nov 2008 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3159268)

They aren't really tbh. The announcement doesn't actually explain what the problem was BUT i'm not sure the situation actually meets any situation laid down in the downtime procedure.

Infact its not even technically downtime, it was a Decision to stop the ticks due to a bug so the unscheduled downtime procedure isn't even relevant. Its closer to a scheduled situation which calls for

Quote:

Scheduled downtimes

The community will be informed in advance via the portal, forums, topic of #planetarion and the MOTD. The game will be left as it is, no fleet recall, no donations, no rollbacks, etc. The game will restart at the same time it was taken down. In the event of extended downtime the round may be extended at the discretion of PATeam.
Although even that's not perfect as there are no formal procedures and the general followed procedure for 31 rounds now when it comes to bugs that being that small scale you have to live with it, large scale its fixed and people compensated

aksel 23 Nov 2008 04:44

Why recall all fleets?!
Why dont they just roll back to the tick before the bug kicked in, fix it, and let everyone who was landing land?

seriously, this solution is SHIT!

JonnyBGood 23 Nov 2008 07:11

I'd have to agree with agar3s that this is particularly unfair. At the very least it's worth looking at this for changing for future rounds but I'd hope something could be done for this occasion.

Makhil 23 Nov 2008 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuhlman (Post 3159279)
Apply the rules and there is no next round.
Rollback should to the time before any alliances landed their attacks for the day, or rollback to problem time leaving all fleets flying. Simply the damage to people with hidden production is already done, there is no reversing that, so what do you accomplish by punishing half the universe and making them lose their landings?
since damage happened already to people with hidden production just continue the game where you stopped it, forget about fixing that BUG now that you admitted knowing about it for 12 rounds!!!

Don't be so dramatic, i bet there will be a next round anyway.
You can argue all you want about the reasons for stopping the ticker but as soon as the ticker was stopped and a tick went missing there is no other way but rollback and recall fleets. Those are the rules.
Losing a landing is not that bad... and the production page was not accessible, so people planning to prod ships or wanting to change the prod completion were stuck and would have lost ships or roids or both... that's more annoying.

Light 23 Nov 2008 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3159296)
Don't be so dramatic, i bet there will be a next round anyway.
You can argue all you want about the reasons for stopping the ticker but as soon as the ticker was stopped and a tick went missing there is no other way but rollback and recall fleets. Those are the rules.
Losing a landing is not that bad... and the production page was not accessible, so people planning to prod ships or wanting to change the prod completion were stuck and would have lost ships or roids or both... that's more annoying.

Losing a landing isnt bad if everyone loses there landings but when half the players get there landings recalled and half get to keep theres.. its massively unfair.

Ave 23 Nov 2008 09:40

My opinion is probably even more biased than yours, since I am careless idle.

That you could have recalled fleets today at 12:00, doesnt mean u can do it the next day :)

Hence its allways a rather safe and fair choise to recall all flying fleets to avoid crashes.

Lost mines can be allways robbed back.

[B5]Londo 23 Nov 2008 10:21

can they?
Ur luck might turn, I was doing very badly at attacking till I landed one yesterday; now my curse returns.

However in My DC capacity the point the ticker stopped I had a defensive crash about to happen but we got all the defenders online to recall; I could not guarantee that could be done again so Im glad for the recall part although I personally lose out.

SUFC 23 Nov 2008 10:39

Recalling fleets is really unfair decision and what's the reason for this if we already need to wait 24h to let the game go on from the point the bug toke action?

At that point there was 2-3 waves landed on me and i was waiting my change to get the lost roids back and even some XP. Now if the fleets are recalled i will be left with roids lost and no change to get my roids back (both my attack fleets were landing).

Tbh, recalling fleets would be most stupid and unfit decision and solution in this thing. And if PA Team is really going to carry on with this, i bet there ain't gonna be too much happy players. Personally i've used my last credit for this round and i won't put any more money in this nor even continue playing.

Edit: The game was stopped and closed due to an issue regarding production. The issue has been located and fixed. Funnily enough, it's almost 15 rounds old.
You guys in PA Team are a real pro's! If some female with low IQ doesn't do something stupid, we will get punished by something that You should had fixed like 2-3 years ago. Good Job Guys!

Gabba 23 Nov 2008 10:50

the best thing would be to rolback to the tick that happend 00.00gmt

so no landings/attacks/defs.

i vote for this but i guess it is to late :(

Gabba 23 Nov 2008 10:53

or as the bug has been here since r15..

LET'S ROLLBACK TO R15 THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Heil the banana :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Vladel 23 Nov 2008 10:58

I got a suggestion for the round 30 name -

The round the Pa team didn't royally screw up

Guess that'll never happen tho with such blitheing idiots in charge

DunkelGraf 23 Nov 2008 12:50

****ing fleetrecall!!!!!

Gabba 23 Nov 2008 13:43

thanx vey fking much for 12k shippies and 400 roids lost. and none of my attacks landing.

well atleast now i know 100% sure i will quit next round and take all the credits i bought for others with me.. fking good luck with next rounds tards

Benneh 23 Nov 2008 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabba (Post 3159320)
thanx vey fking much for 12k shippies and 400 roids lost. and none of my attacks landing.

well atleast now i know 100% sure i will quit next round and take all the credits i bought for others with me.. fking good luck with next rounds tards

oh no! you wont use the credits they already have the money for?

sounds like its you whos losing out. heh

Gabba 23 Nov 2008 15:05

well i allways use to buy 3-10 credits so others can play..

Mzyxptlk 23 Nov 2008 15:39

You're quitting because you lost some roids? Bawl.

SUFC 23 Nov 2008 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3159326)
You're quitting because you lost some roids? Bawl.

Ppl are thinking of quitting because the decision to recall fleets after some had already landed was so stupid. PA Team did it even lots of ppl publicly were against it. The new owners might also become interested bout this if they see lots of unhappy ppl whining and even quitting because of unfair decisions made by the game admins. Altho, there's always possibility to replace PA Team with really competent people. Might even start bringing money in to the game again when i see it happen.. if it happens.

Ave 23 Nov 2008 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUFC (Post 3159330)
Ppl are thinking of quitting because the decision to recall fleets after some had already landed was so stupid. PA Team did it even lots of ppl publicly were against it. The new owners might also become interested bout this if they see lots of unhappy ppl whining and even quitting because of unfair decisions made by the game admins. Altho, there's always possibility to replace PA Team with really competent people. Might even start bringing money in to the game again when i see it happen.. if it happens.

whom those competent people would be? :D

moi sufc, ass:issa voi pelaa ilman credittiäkin :D:D

Makhil 24 Nov 2008 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUFC (Post 3159330)
Ppl are thinking of quitting because the decision to recall fleets after some had already landed was so stupid. PA Team did it even lots of ppl publicly were against it.

The big majority of players didn't say anything against the rollback + recall

robban1 24 Nov 2008 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3159353)
The big majority of players didn't say anything against the rollback + recall

who on earth do you talk about? the big majority isnt posting on forums you dork, the rollback sucked ass and the recall was just stupid.

so anyone know who the twat was that coused the crap? :down:

gzambo 24 Nov 2008 21:13

im guessing someone who screwed up their hidden prod then reported the bug to Pa team so there would be a rollback

Alki 25 Nov 2008 16:16

Alki, sometimes, you are appalling at the internet.