Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Official Insomnia Announcement - Sleepy Time (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=182370)

Ren 23 Dec 2004 18:43

Official Insomnia Announcement - Sleepy Time

I would like to start of by thanking everyone that plays planetarion for keeping the game alive. We had a good time playing this round, and would especially like to that Rock, SiN, and ToF for trading roids with us quite frequently. When you guys were higher than us in the rankings it really gave us something to aim for, and I apologize for being spoilsports and fking off these past few weeks. I would also like to thank HR for being the friends they were, LCH for stealing jonas and my roids, and 1up for only violating my planet after I launched on Sid (hope u enjoyed those u bastard :D ).

Anyways this post is to announce that come Round 13, Insomnia will NOT be playing as an alliance :( (feel free to start crying uncontrollably at this point). After deliberation, the alcoholic and workaholic (aka Jonas and myself) decided that despite doing very well in avg score early on and steadily climbing ranks till we were top10 for a while, our command structure was still inadequate and that we lacked enough active members to ensure success in round 13.

At the moment our plans are to take the active core that is left and join another alliance as a BG or wing of some sort, hopefully (pm Jonas bout that). I would like to thank every1 that kept on playing for us even though jonas and i were not around a lot these past few weeks, especially s7n, jerven, dalle, cyzada, olata, eb\afk, hebla, eol and the rest of u guys who did defcalls while jonas was to drunk to stand or while I was making pizzas.

See you guys in round 13, whoever we will be playing with.

p.s. We won't be gone for good, but there is no set date for our return.

Jonas 23 Dec 2004 18:52

Re: Official Insomnia Announcement - Sleepy Time

Let me add something :p

Ren forgot Hebla there, and Eol. Both did a huge job for Insomnia.

I wanna thank all members for the time together. Any Insomniac is a worthy PA player. Unfortunatley we wont be able to take them all with us, so to the alliances they ask for recruitment. You got my word. They are all good guys.

Alliances that could be interested in our cooperation for r13(and possibly more)may PM me on IRC. We will be taking more offers during Xmas, and will probably make a decision a few days into the hopefully good, new year.

Thankyou all :)

-Jonas-

-=Zyth=- 23 Dec 2004 19:00

Good luck and well played.

I'm sure you will have about 15 pm's open from alliance HC's about now :)

Ren 23 Dec 2004 19:03

oh yeah, if jonas' nick is now beer, do not pm him, pleeeeeaaaaassseeee. The man can barely tie his shoelaces drunk. :D

jerome 23 Dec 2004 19:18

hardly a good comparison since he couldn't do that when sober either.

Hebla 24 Dec 2004 02:24

Very sad indeed:( I even had to make a forums account now to answer this thread:)

I would like to thank all the people that bothered staying up all night with me keeping me company while i was trying to get everyone def. I won't be mentioning anyone spescial, since you all know i love you:)

oh, almost forgot, have to mention Jonas, since he thought I was important enought to get my nick up there twice:)

Will miss you all a bunch

Hebla

PS. If you message Jonas about us joining your alliance, please don't believe him when he tells you I will take all def calls between 00 and 6 am, that's only when I got examns!

Jonas 24 Dec 2004 02:30

fs Hebla. thats ur job :p

and...dont belive Ren!

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Seth Mace 24 Dec 2004 12:06

Was a pleasure to work alongside you guys as an Alliance, good luck for the future!

:xmas:

Zo0f 24 Dec 2004 12:36

}{ Insomnia

Legator 24 Dec 2004 13:09

:/ you should go on :/

gl with you guys in the next rounds :D

Helveticus 24 Dec 2004 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
hardly a good comparison since he couldn't do that when sober either.

He can hardly find his feet when sober, so alcohol does slightly improve his performance ;)

sad to hear this Jonas, you nearly talked me back into joining an alliance as well :(

DJet 24 Dec 2004 14:02

I hereby extend ROCKs friendly arm towards any Insomniacs who are looking for an alliance next round, we will be stronger next round. promise.

Jonas 24 Dec 2004 14:53

Ill pass that on :)

Mek 24 Dec 2004 16:15

damn...you guys ahve sum very talented players and i look forward to seeing you guys again in some capacity

Goodfellah 24 Dec 2004 17:02

its a shame to see u guys leave, hope to see u back after round 13

gl in whatever u may end up :p

Assassin 24 Dec 2004 18:16

It is indeed a shame to see some of you guys leave indeed. Ren it was an honour to play in a gal with you for a bit last round and im sure that you are getting a lot of offers from other allies, and i wanted to put forward, even though DJ already has the offer to join ROCK. I respect you all as a great bunch of players and round 13 is going to be my last round so your all welcome to fight along side me in my last round in ROCK. And for anyone else who cares yes its finally after every round its gonna be my last offical round and then ill retire fully to Support team and just help out there as much as possible. So ren matey your always welcome with your members in ROCK :) Cya next round

rshih 24 Dec 2004 22:55

pfft assassin.. you never played with him. He replaced you :-p. You just hung out in the gal chan o_O

Intruder 25 Dec 2004 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas
Let me add something :p

Ren forgot Hebla there, and Eol. Both did a huge job for Insomnia.

I wanna thank all members for the time together. Any Insomniac is a worthy PA player. Unfortunatley we wont be able to take them all with us, so to the alliances they ask for recruitment. You got my word. They are all good guys.

Alliances that could be interested in our cooperation for r13(and possibly more)may PM me on IRC. We will be taking more offers during Xmas, and will probably make a decision a few days into the hopefully good, new year.

Thankyou all :)

-Jonas-

That i can attest. I was insomnia in rnd 11 thanks to Jonas kindness to accept me in middle rnd with no knowledge in new PA. And i had a very nice experience in there. Friendly, interested, and active members, tho not very experienced. They didnt have experience for aiming higher positions inside alliance, and that was the only problem with insomnia at that time. I always had willing members ready to defend and always saw active and ready people to attack/Defense on private server. Due to the lack of enough command members i thought this would be a smart move from Jonas at that time, since he have a qualified personel in Insomnia. Anyway, i think that havin insomnia members into ur ally is a smart move for recruiting alliances. Wish you all good luck, Insomnia people, and a special xmas smack for Ren and Jonas ;****

Jonas 25 Dec 2004 00:37

Hehe. That was some of the idea with Insomnia. I wanted my old experienced friends and I wanted to give new players a shot. I have successfully trained several n00bs, some of them which are still with me, some that are not. I enjoy helping out, passing on knowledge and being nice :)

-Jonas-

Anihilat0r 25 Dec 2004 02:47

Hmm this is a shame.

Tell you what. I've got the next 3months off of work...

Are you taking applicants for HC positions? ;)

:p

Assassin 26 Dec 2004 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshih
pfft assassin.. you never played with him. He replaced you :-p. You just hung out in the gal chan o_O

First i created the gal... second.. IT WAS MY CHANNEL :/ So hush you

Gate 26 Dec 2004 00:58

Well, you seemed to come out of nowhere and performed very respectably. I was very impressed. :)

Good luck with whatever you do next, and I hope all insomniacs find a wubly new home! (Or a nice comfy park bench, in the case of Jonas?)

Ren 26 Dec 2004 03:34

Jonas prefers to spend nights in a jail-cell for assaulting police officers :devil:

Helveticus 26 Dec 2004 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ren
Jonas prefers to spend nights in a jail-cell for assaulting police officers :devil:

Again?

Zolo 26 Dec 2004 23:42

It has be a pleasure and honour to be part of Insomnia the last two rounds, first of all because of the nice and kind people within the alliance, but also because of the high dedication and will within the alliance to defend other members in the hour of need. Jonas and Ren, you guys did a hell of a job to keep Insomnia united and it is really sad that it must end this way.

Good luck in the future everyone, both in r13 & rl.
Now back to PA Havoc and IRC :)

jerome 26 Dec 2004 23:44

Hey - I just got the "sleepy" thing with the insomnia and all, haha, I'm so slow :/

demiGOD 27 Dec 2004 01:25

Quote:

Hey - I just got the "sleepy" thing with the insomnia and all, haha, I'm so slow :/

i just got the "sleepy" thing when u mentioned it.. thats even worse.. :(

MiX 27 Dec 2004 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by demiGOD
i just got the "sleepy" thing when u mentioned it.. thats even worse.. :(

I still dont get it! omg Im such a waste of oxygen :o

Ren 27 Dec 2004 08:06

Quote:

that is why you are a moron jern00b :devil:

jerome 27 Dec 2004 13:58

yet your the one using those sorts of smilies, peon.

Jonas 27 Dec 2004 15:45

All bow. Im sober!

OlaTa 2 Jan 2005 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas
Hehe. That was some of the idea with Insomnia. I wanted my old experienced friends and I wanted to give new players a shot. I have successfully trained several n00bs, some of them which are still with me, some that are not. I enjoy helping out, passing on knowledge and being nice :)

-Jonas-

Thanks for training me master :rolleyes:
And i want to thank Ren aswell for abusing me constantly at nighttimes :P
I wish good luck to all other insomniacs in their future. I´m self still considering shall i play or retire finally :)

ahh ... and Happy new year to all ppl aswell ;)

-OlaTa

Jonas 2 Jan 2005 21:07

You're playing OlaTa ;)

Joseph 3 Jan 2005 00:05

I luv u insomniacs... good luck for all u guys...
special kiss for ren and jonas =)))

Rocklobster[Dok] 3 Jan 2005 00:15

Ello Jonas and OlaTa

Too bad that Insomnia will take a break, good luck in your comback when ever it will be

Henck 3 Jan 2005 00:39

good luck Insomnia ;)

jerome 3 Jan 2005 01:22

Nice move by HR for taking Insomnia in as a wing, HR should find this boost very useful for next round.

Jonas 3 Jan 2005 01:24

booze?

oh boost :/

Zo0f 3 Jan 2005 01:58

}{ OlaTa and Jonas

oh and shush nubome` :)

jerome 3 Jan 2005 02:17

i was complimenting fs :(

TheRat 3 Jan 2005 03:23