Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What has happened in the last few days? [From Suggestions Forum] (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200166)

Kaiba 20 Oct 2013 10:43

What has happened in the last few days? [From Suggestions Forum]

What actually happened in the last few days?

I got the impression from the forums that most of FaNG went into and then were kicked out of vacation mode by the PA team, emoed and then the universe roided them, tho from the roid gains it looks like they let CT through and deffed against Vikings.

Yet CT has only managed to get a 10k roid led on Vikings who have a 30mill+ value lead. Both are FR in setup yet Vikings probably have better anti FR because they have had incommings on a major scale to deal with for large parts of the round, plus Vikings has a far better defensive setup than CT.

So are FanG trying to kingmake the lost cause that is CT? Why back a dead rubber? If Vikings go roiding on CT in the final days the XP gains alone will push them miles clear and the roid lead of CT's will probably be wiped out in 2 days (if not 1). CT from history have very attack heavy fleets where as Vikings are more 50/50 in setup.

Forest 20 Oct 2013 10:52

Re: Self Destruction

lol kai, nice try :p

Connovar 20 Oct 2013 10:56

Im sure Vikings napped ct till end of round.

But we all know you cant trust them, so we will see I guess!

Kaiba 20 Oct 2013 11:30

Yes sorry i know its off topic sorry.

I didnt know Connovar, i genuinely havent paid any attention to anything going on for a few weeks. I was just presuming as to what was happening from what i had picked up on AD. Been too busy with nappies and baby feeds and writing stories to actually play the game to my normal level.

Was the vac mode thing correct? if worded from a different standpoint maybe

Kaiba 20 Oct 2013 11:45

Also if this is Vikings last round in PA why do they give a toss about relations? They can screw over CT without a care, they arent playing again, no retribution!! :)

Forest 20 Oct 2013 12:47

Re: What has happened in the last few days? [From Suggestions Forum]

Not exactly

Vikings/fang were at a stalemate, so agreed to stop and hit ct (ct were gaining on both fast).

Then vikings napped ct and went at fang with ct/vik/app/rock etc

Some fang went into vac mode when this happened.

Now all out and fang being hit hard

Connovar 20 Oct 2013 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3225803)
Yes sorry i know its off topic sorry.

I didnt know Connovar, i genuinely havent paid any attention to anything going on for a few weeks. I was just presuming as to what was happening from what i had picked up on AD. Been too busy with nappies and baby feeds and writing stories to actually play the game to my normal level.

Was the vac mode thing correct? if worded from a different standpoint maybe

Well, after I had returned home from a long day of digging soil profiles and working I found out viks had done the dirty on us, so I decided I would give up on the game but didn't want fang to lose score ( I didn't know I had incs, or that I would be removed from vac mode the following day automatically cus its the last week). There was a domino effect and some people decided to join me on vacation, we went to Cancun, and had a lovely time. OH and 1 guy emo quit cus we accidentally Sk'd the CT in his gal. The sks were leftovers from Viking raiding :p. I have talked him into returning to the flock though.

So I self exiled from my gal to piss off magnus, then went into vac mode, apologised to all my fellow fangers for putting trust in the Vikings, and said cya next round.

Then irv told me id be auto out of vac mode the next night. So I decided we would spend the last week having a bit of fun rather than grounding to cover the inevitable fang bang.

Does that clear it up?

Nitros 20 Oct 2013 15:03

Kaiba your story sounds pretty anti-CT biased.

oil 20 Oct 2013 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3225799)
So are FanG trying to kingmake the lost cause that is CT? Why back a dead rubber? If Vikings go roiding on CT in the final days the XP gains alone will push them miles clear and the roid lead of CT's will probably be wiped out in 2 days (if not 1). CT from history have very attack heavy fleets where as Vikings are more 50/50 in setup.

Working on the assumption that because of how things turned out fang know they can't win.. Why would they care whether they're backing a winner or not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiba
Also if this is Vikings last round in PA why do they give a toss about relations? They can screw over CT without a care, they arent playing again, no retribution!!

Because presumably the HC plan to HC again at some point whether under the same alliance name or not and if they burn bridges with other HC then a name change probably isn't going to do much to repair the damage.

BloodyButcher 20 Oct 2013 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil (Post 3225842)
Working on the assumption that because of how things turned out fang know they can't win.. Why would they care whether they're backing a winner or not?

Because presumably the HC plan to HC again at some point whether under the same alliance name or not and if they burn bridges with other HC then a name change probably isn't going to do much to repair the damage.

I think everyone knows that working with Vikings would be the last thing to do looking over all the bad attention theyve gotten over the last rounds.

Baddars 20 Oct 2013 21:36

butcher, people still work with you at times, despite you being one of the least honest and worthless people PA has ever had the misfortune of having our ranks.

so what makes you think that any opinion you bring to the table matters to anyone other than yourself?

BloodyButcher 20 Oct 2013 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddars (Post 3225846)
butcher, people still work with you at times, despite you being one of the least honest and worthless people PA has ever had the misfortune of having our ranks.

so what makes you think that any opinion you bring to the table matters to anyone other than yourself?

Its not like People got a Choice when it comes to working With me, i just end up in a alliance or a Galaxy, and their round is basicly over :cool:

Influence 20 Oct 2013 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil (Post 3225842)

Generally speaking, alliances have fairly short memories in this game. after all, ppl work with anyone as long as they can see benefit from doing it. As for myself, i never expected to ever work with CT again after they had backstabbed VGN a couple of times in the 30's rounds... yet when i became HC in TGV halfway through r41, we worked with CT the very same round. And since then they have been pretty much the most honorable ally we've had, except maybe Apprime since r51.

DrunkenViking 21 Oct 2013 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3225799)
So are FanG trying to kingmake the lost cause that is CT?

doh!

Paisley 21 Oct 2013 14:47

I have to laugh at FAG in how they aren't able to hold their roids.

gzambo 21 Oct 2013 16:20

It's piss poor form that alliances have to have early rd avoidance agreements, man the smurf up and grow a pair

Connovar 21 Oct 2013 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3225871)
I have to laugh at FAG in how they aren't able to hold their roids.

We didn't try. Whats the point if your not going to win in putting all the effort in?

We are having fun though :)

Paisley 21 Oct 2013 23:43

I noticed alot of the CT caths have been stockpiling

Any theories?

Connovar 22 Oct 2013 01:06

Maybe they are going on vacation

Influence 22 Oct 2013 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3225882)
I noticed alot of the CT caths have been stockpiling

Any theories?

Hiding score to assure they seemed less of a threat to Vikings, and previously FAnG. Rough calculations i did show they were about 3.5m ahead yesterday.

oil 22 Oct 2013 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Influence (Post 3225850)
Generally speaking, alliances have fairly short memories in this game. after all, ppl work with anyone as long as they can see benefit from doing it. As for myself, i never expected to ever work with CT again after they had backstabbed VGN a couple of times in the 30's rounds... yet when i became HC in TGV halfway through r41, we worked with CT the very same round. And since then they have been pretty much the most honorable ally we've had, except maybe Apprime since r51.

Yeah I'm not saying anyone's going to be committing to a blood oath of revenge over a broken NAP, but if you screw someone over then they're going to be less willing to work with you in the future, more likely to break their own promises to you, and side with your opponents when the cost is marginal.

Connovar 22 Oct 2013 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Influence (Post 3225889)
Hiding score to assure they seemed less of a threat to Vikings, and previously FAnG. Rough calculations i did show they were about 3.5m ahead yesterday.

Oh good, the best alliance is winning this round then :D

Nitros 25 Oct 2013 06:47

Quote:

And since then they have been pretty much the most honorable ally we've had, except maybe Apprime since r51.

Unlike yourself

Connovar 25 Oct 2013 10:37

Vikings and honour don't go together in the same sentence Inf :D

[DDK]gm 25 Oct 2013 10:44

Quote:

i will just leave this here!!! :P

fortran 25 Oct 2013 11:02

New suggestions for EORC Awards:

- Most friendly ally
- Ally with most fairplay
- Most active player in AD

Kaiba 25 Oct 2013 11:09

Loving this!

Vikings sit and let apprime win = that's wrong

Vikings take the fight to ct and hopefully beat then = that's wrong

Everyone talks about honour and integrity on here but at some point you have all screwed over someone to get somewhere in the game.

The vilifying of Vikings is getting beyond the joke now, just cos rex is black...,

BloodyButcher 25 Oct 2013 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3226037)
Loving this!

Vikings sit and let apprime win = that's wrong

Vikings take the fight to ct and hopefully beat then = that's wrong

Everyone talks about honour and integrity on here but at some point you have all screwed over someone to get somewhere in the game.

The vilifying of Vikings is getting beyond the joke now, just cos rex is black...,

Most allies with respect for themself would rarely make agreements they know they will break the terms of.
Round long NAP deals, with the promise that you will hold is something most people would think ling and hard on before comiting their word to.
Eventualy you will have to step on someones feets to get somewhere, but looking on how Vikings has done their politics the last weeks makes you wonder if they live in another univers where this is normal, or that they simply dont know what to do.

[DDK]gm 25 Oct 2013 12:52

tbh if influence came to us and said they want to drop the nap the last couple of days then we would of accepted it as the chances would be high that they drop it anyway.

When there is an agreement in place its only right that you speak to the other party about it.

KillGhost 25 Oct 2013 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm (Post 3226040)

When there is an agreement in place its only right that you speak to the other party about it.

That does not seem to be the Vikings way :(

ManiacMagic 25 Oct 2013 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3226037)

if you werent black they probably wouldnt be acting like villains duh

Influence 27 Oct 2013 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm (Post 3226040)
tbh if influence came to us and said they want to drop the nap the last couple of days then we would of accepted it as the chances would be high that they drop it anyway.

Beside the fact i stepped down from politics midround, it really wasn't clear we would be dropping the NAP until thursday. Like i said in another thread just now: in my personal opinion Vikings should have approached CT about dropping the nap gracefully after it became apparent that FAnG wasn't putting up the fight that we(both CT and Vikings) expected.

Influence 27 Oct 2013 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3226039)
Most allies with respect for themself would rarely make agreements they know they will break the terms of.
Round long NAP deals, with the promise that you will hold is something most people would think ling and hard on before comiting their word to.
Eventualy you will have to step on someones feets to get somewhere, but looking on how Vikings has done their politics the last weeks makes you wonder if they live in another univers where this is normal, or that they simply dont know what to do.

a) The agreement with we had with Apprime in r51 was discussed at length before it was agreed upon.
b) The only agreement we have really broken in the past 5 rounds was this last one with CT. The incidents that have happened earlier in this round have their roots in misunderstandings between actors on the meta stage. I'll be making another long round summary sometime tomorrow in which i will try to get into the various incidents and what happened and why.
c) To get somewhere you have to make moves indeed. In executing these moves you are bound to butt heads with one alliance or the other. Generally speaking the intent of the moves will be to butt heads with the most hostile alliances. However, this can't allways be done and sometimes friendlies get in the way of ones goals. This is something that cannot be avoided in the end. And at the end of the line you only have a choice of accepting the results of your own moves. (and try to learn from the bad ones)

Clouds 27 Oct 2013 10:29

I really wouldn't bother, Influence, the trolls on here disregard any sort of reasoning. You could say that Blue Car is blue, and the trolls would argue that it's clearly green.

AD is a place for pathetic sad people who have nothing better to do other than speculative trolling.

You think Vikings are shit, you're probably right, but do we give a shit? No.

Blue_Esper 27 Oct 2013 10:39

Basically what Clouds is saying is that anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion is clearly a troll.

Clouds 27 Oct 2013 10:51

English clearly is not your first language as that's not what I said.