Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Man Overboard (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191988)

Achilles 16 Aug 2006 18:22

Man Overboard

On the bridge of the once proud Subhmarine Captain Paisley mops his sweaty brow and stares dolefully at the dials and gauges flickering madly before his eyes.

'How could this happen?' he whinges plaintively. 'The Sandman Barometer shows that our rate of descent is steadily increasing. Pretty soon the pressure differential will become so great that bilge release valve will buckle and seawater will rush in through our waste system drowning us all. We're ****ed.'

Suddenly a Siren sounds. The bridge is bathed in rythmic flashes of red light.

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAH, AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAH

The startling noise snaps Admiral "Comical" Ali to consciousness. His dreams of lush, green pastures - all hemmed in with white straw fences - fade swiftly. He turns to Captain Paisley, confusion apparent on every inch of his sleepy features.

'God dammit Paisley, report man. What the hell is happening?'

'It's not good sir,' came the grim reply. 'The Fencit Valve on the bilge system is failing, we're starting to take on water. It's only a matter of time before it collapes completely and we're all drowned in our own shit sir!' He spoke in slow, even tones for the Admiral but it was hard to tell if he was being understood. "Comical" Ali had always been blessed with the ability to ignore the obvious. After all, why else would you use a Submarine metaphor in space?

'No matter Captain,' came the judicious reply. 'We've recruited the finest seamen in the universe. Only the most honourable, the most loyal, the most dedicated sail with us. We will persevere in our journey to the Fenced Off Land and our children will grow up in peace and prosperity, never to know the terror of being roided, never to.......'

A pointed cough cut the monologue short. A crewmember shuffled awkwardly forward, clutching at a printout with sweaty palms.

'Sir, report's just in sir,' he mumbled lowly, the rank smell of fear clinging to every word. 'Some of the rats have started jumping off the ship sir. Word's got out that we're going down sir. Apparently the writing is on the fence sir.'

Stifler 16 Aug 2006 18:37

Re: Man Overboard

haha :up:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Achilles again. damn :(

Alki 16 Aug 2006 18:37

what were you saying earlier paisley?

Heartless 16 Aug 2006 18:37

Sounds like a subher story!

Alki 16 Aug 2006 18:41

certainly better than subhpar

Intruder 16 Aug 2006 18:43

OMG something worth of reading here *shocker*

Illuvatar 16 Aug 2006 18:45

was fun reading it;) thx for the effort!

LukeyLove 16 Aug 2006 18:46

Yeah very amusing :P
<3 Achilles!

NitinA 16 Aug 2006 18:47

O_o

Ska 16 Aug 2006 18:50

<Hude> [20:45] <globus> [19:45:02] <Odihnitoru> [20:46:33] <jer> (18:44:46) <@NORWAY> [19:44] <Ska> <rshih> [10:43] <Phil^> <Sleepless> [01:17] <Haz> <Alki> elviz left subh

You heard it here, 10th hand first!

Jackie 16 Aug 2006 18:53

Sadly enough the story is true

nice story btw Achi <3

Hude 16 Aug 2006 18:57

this made me lol

coffee- 16 Aug 2006 19:05

Very entertaining :)

lokken 16 Aug 2006 19:12

Superb. Best post i've read in ages.

Achilles wins r 18 AD we might as well all go home now :(

Tietäjä 16 Aug 2006 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles
'The Fencit Valve on the bilge system is failing'

This is what happens when you use second hand valves other people have tossed to out amongst the junk.

Kargool 16 Aug 2006 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tietäjä
This is what happens when you use second hand valves other people have tossed to out amongst the junk.

I hear Fear have recruited him as head Fencepainter. Oh, and someone PA wiki Achilles's Post.

jerome 16 Aug 2006 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tietäjä

ah yes and you'd indeed know all about that right :)

Zh|l 16 Aug 2006 19:37

Oh my god, this post made me laugh so much.

<3 Achilles

TouRiQueT 16 Aug 2006 20:04

:D

class.
________
Live Sex Webshows

Mighteh 16 Aug 2006 20:13

ace :D

Gio2k 16 Aug 2006 20:16

Does this mean we can roid Elviz now? :D

gzambo 16 Aug 2006 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken
Superb. Best post i've read in ages.

Achilles wins r 18 AD we might as well all go home now :(

Ace 16 Aug 2006 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k
Does this mean we can roid Elviz now? :D

I still don't understand why subh is not trying at all.

wielklem 16 Aug 2006 20:59

why your acount gets closed anyway when you attack elviz

Snurx 16 Aug 2006 22:46

This has to be the least shocking news since the real elvis died :)

Chika 16 Aug 2006 22:55

I wish noone attacked me while allianceless like elviz. I am sure I could end top 3 every round.
1up. PUSSY.
Subh. PUSSY
Universe. PUSSY!!!!!!!!

Cannon_Fodder 16 Aug 2006 22:59

Give me your coords and promise not to get def and I promise to help you.

Chika 16 Aug 2006 23:12

Silly pa threats just bounce right off me, as the thought of me playing an account is ranked higher than your planet.

Catalyst 16 Aug 2006 23:16

The story is all wrong. There was no mention of me. However a galaxy mate asked if I was "A crewmember shuffled awkwardly forward" and I say to the author, That is nothing like me! Before this story goes to print, change it to "A crewmember staggered awkwardly forward." Or I can just assume your story is completely fictional :D

Gate 17 Aug 2006 00:08

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Achilles again.'

Best post I've read in ages I think.

Pilgrim 17 Aug 2006 00:18

One wanker leaves and you think everyone is bailing out. I thought the new Alliance scoring system was meant to stop this from having an impact on an alliances overall score but clearly not. Subh will always remain a threat to an ally

Vas 17 Aug 2006 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catalyst
The story is all wrong. There was no mention of me. However a galaxy mate asked if I was "A crewmember shuffled awkwardly forward" and I say to the author, That is nothing like me! Before this story goes to print, change it to "A crewmember staggered awkwardly forward." Or I can just assume your story is completely fictional :D

Hmm, you're always drunk :o I think I know someone who has taken that mantal this round :/

The Real Arfy 17 Aug 2006 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Subh will always remain a threat to an ally

If you mean itself, I completely agree.

obladioblada 17 Aug 2006 01:44

'Sir, report's just in sir,' he mumbled lowly, the rank smell of fear clinging to every word. 'Some of the rats have started jumping off the ship sir. Word's got out that we're going down sir. Apparently the writing is on the fence sir.'

this huge elaborate story just cause 1 person left subh and leaves any alliance at the very sound of the word "inc"
well done :)

Pilgrim 17 Aug 2006 01:48

/me Proud to be SubH

obladioblada 17 Aug 2006 01:49

that makes two of us ;)

Zh|l 17 Aug 2006 03:52

Quote:

/me Proud to be SubH

I think you're out-of-date. FAnG left the game awhile ago.

noah02 17 Aug 2006 08:04

Nice thread :)

Post this magnificent story on overview for all to click and read :)

Furyous 17 Aug 2006 13:22

yup, made me smile :D

gzambo 17 Aug 2006 13:41

so only 1 alliance in the top 5 can take in elviz at the moment however that may change by the time his 72 hrs are up
any predictions as too who take's him in

(conspiracy theorists can vote for 1up :p )

Pilgrim 17 Aug 2006 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo
so only 1 alliance in the top 5 can take in elviz at the moment however that may change by the time his 72 hrs are up

The rest know already where hes been head hunted to

Gate 17 Aug 2006 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo

Someone would take him?

Surely any decent alliance would reject anyone who pulled the shit he's done this round? I know I'd immediately antivouch someone who did that.

Achilles 17 Aug 2006 17:01

I've seen eXi players threaten to quit if he joined there and bwtmc himself says it won't happen. Subh and 1up can be ruled out. I presume Omen may take him? They're on path to finishing second, it would help their cause considerably.

Pilgrim 17 Aug 2006 17:08

I thought the new alliance scoring methods were meant to prevent this from making an impact on anyone.

Achilles you have no clue at all

Kargool 17 Aug 2006 17:23

Quote:

I've seen eXi players threaten to quit if he joined there and bwtmc himself says it won't happen. Subh and 1up can be ruled out. I presume Omen may take him? They're on path to finishing second, it would help their cause considerably.

If Omen accept Elviz I will personally travel to Finland and pee in Keizari's beer.

Cannon_Fodder 17 Aug 2006 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
If Omen accept Elviz I will personally travel to Finland and pee in Keizari's beer.

Quoting for possible evidence.

The Real Arfy 17 Aug 2006 17:45

Quote:

I thought the new alliance scoring methods were meant to prevent this from making an impact on anyone.

Achilles you have no clue at all

Yes but I'd imagine the value gain from a top-gal 4500-roid planet is better than nothing.

And ofc all the hostile fleets he will send at their enemies :rolleyes:

gzambo 17 Aug 2006 18:09

Quote:

is that an anti vouch then :p?

Zh|l 17 Aug 2006 18:12

Quote:

Double quoted because it made me laugh

Tietäjä 17 Aug 2006 18:34

Quote:

Subh and 1up can be ruled out. I presume Omen may take him?

There's been no contact towards Omen by Elviz, and we have no intention whatsoever taking him aboard. This has been discussed, and even if the idea of meeting Kargool in real life sounds good and the opportunity to be able to drink a mix of his piss and my beer makes me excited, I don't think that'd be of enough reward to pick him up.