Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The final curtain (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200227)

Connovar 18 Dec 2013 00:16

The final curtain

So, this round will have been the last round, and first, although, it wasnt really... of The Fallen.

Just had a very sad meeting with all the members, in which I offered them a number of choices, due to myself and SoulS both not wanting to HC again. Unfortunately there is no one willing to step into our shoes so the alliance will go our separate ways.

I just dont have the time for it, neither does anyone else it seems. After this round was supposed to be relaxed etc, and cant seem to help getting myself straight in also.

I made the decision to step down a while ago but a number of things recently has confirmed its the right thing to do, the most recent of which was kicking Pokes, for no good reason really. Sorry pokes! The role has turned me into a horrible person sometimes :D

So apologies to anyone I have been horrible too unnecessarily. Thanks to all the wonderful people in fallen/fang.

Looking forward to being a pe0n again.

Bashar 18 Dec 2013 01:52

Re: The final curtain

I know we've had our differences, but I did enjoy a lot of the interaction with TF earlier in the round. I can certainly sympathise with you, this round has been utterly draining. The politics have been very different to normal and I think this made for a far more demanding round for command teams.

NirWana 18 Dec 2013 09:04

Connovar, anyone that has ever lead a top alliance in any game will always be glad at one point to be a pe0n again.
Being a good leader has nothing to do with wanting to lead an alliance. Being a good leader has everything to do with doing what the alliance needs.
Having never talked to you and only having seen how you act on forums, having seen how well TF fought against Spore (and others) and seeing that your main reason to not continue leading is the fact that you won't have the nessesary time to do it like you want/need to do it, based on all that, I'm under the impression that you have been indeed a good leader.

I almost forgot, admitting you've made a mistake or treated someone badly also is a mark of good leadership. We're all human, we all make mistakes, admitting them and apologising for them to the ones impacted is one of those things that makes a good leader great.

- Nir

SoulS 18 Dec 2013 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by NirWana (Post 3227148)
Connovar, anyone that has ever lead a top alliance in any game will always be glad at one point to be a pe0n again.
Being a good leader has nothing to do with wanting to lead an alliance. Being a good leader has everything to do with doing what the alliance needs.
Having never talked to you and only having seen how you act on forums, having seen how well TF fought against Spore (and others) and seeing that your main reason to not continue leading is the fact that you won't have the nessesary time to do it like you want/need to do it, based on all that, I'm under the impression that you have been indeed a good leader.

I almost forgot, admitting you've made a mistake or treated someone badly also is a mark of good leadership. We're all human, we all make mistakes, admitting them and apologising for them to the ones impacted is one of those things that makes a good leader great.

- Nir

I usually don't post on AD, but I'll make an exception. Most usually AD consist of flaming competitions and cripple fights which is why I rarely bother to post on here.

I feel I am in a position to vouch for the words spoken. Connovar has been my partner in crime throughout this horrendus round. It has been litterally exhausting. If Conno didn't put down the efforts he did, I'd probably give up too.

So even if your post is not meant for me, I wanna thank you for leaving such a post, Nir. It was very nice to read :-)

At some point in this round, we felt like top3 (or better) was within reach, but it didn't quite turn out that way - and obviously both our members, Sn0w (in particular), Connovar, Bazza (best BC in the game), Chimpie and myself put down efforts according to respectable finish.

In hindsight of the round (granted: still 2 days left), I feel like we're not quite on the deserving end of current status. I'd say it's obviously more than fair for anyone who is not TF to disagree on that.

And essentially - with this being the second round in a row this happens to The Fallen (or FAnG), we had a very mixed feedback from the memberbase on FAnGs continued existence in R55. And as Connovar said it; nobody really has the time to lay down all the effort required to HC an ally with potential of winning a round. That's not to say FAnG won't return after a round or two, but as for round 55 there will be no major FAnG tag. Regrettably.

And Bashar: As you said in your post - the politics were all over the place this round. I think a lot of ppl didn't quite know how to proceed at certain times during the course of the round. Nothing was transparent and there were a lot of hidden agendas flying about :-) Cartman expressed it like this: "PA pols is like Game of Thrones x10" - at this time, this naive HC is ready to agree on that statement :-D

So without further adeu; A special thanks to all our members in The Fallen.

Also: Big ups to Vikings, ROCK, NewDawn, Spore, Apprime, HEROES (annoying bastards!!!! :D), Conspiracy and Howling Rain. I have spoken to all of ya (some more, some less), but still I wanna thank both allies and enemies for the round. I wish you all the best for the next round :-)

I would also like to extend my sincerest congratulations to Best Korea for solid performance. PA will never be the same without you, so I hope that Best Korea has all the plans ready for next round :D

With humble regards,
SoulS - the Rookie HC

BloodyButcher 18 Dec 2013 10:51

It is kind of sad that quit now Connovar, you were half my inspiration for R55, i think a lot of People think the same.
I hope that if FAnG returns under the same leadership, the HCs will have learnt from thier mistakes and once again make FAnG out to be the top alliance they used to be a few rounds ago.

Nitros 18 Dec 2013 12:07

Although I have no direct link to TF, I can image this round has been quite tiresome to your HC-team and members. Most like all alliances this round probably.
Its a shame to see another alliance bite the dust. Good luck in the future.

Hermiod 18 Dec 2013 20:20

I've only been in for half the round, and the HC's has done a great job! Also, Sn0w, you deserve thumbs up for the best DC'ing I've seen so far in PA:)

I'm gonna miss u all!

Androme 18 Dec 2013 21:31

Make budious the new HC. He'll do a good job imo. Farewell Fang Gang. Fleetcatching will not be the same without you guys, which is how I'll remember y'all the most for this round. Gd luck.

Bashar 19 Dec 2013 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulS (Post 3227149)
I think a lot of ppl didn't quite know how to proceed at certain times during the course of the round. Nothing was transparent and there were a lot of hidden agendas flying about :-) Cartman expressed it like this: "PA pols is like Game of Thrones x10" - at this time, this naive HC is ready to agree on that statement :-D

I have to agree with everything there. It was a nightmare. Deciding what to do requires predicting likely events, but this round through literally everything at us all, usually at the least expected times too. I am happy (not in a spiteful way) that Spore were not the only ones feeling this way, if we were I would be worried that we had been out of our depth.

I always liked to have a challenge and I always thought of challenges as good, but this round has made me question that philosophy. To quote a phrase from my upbringing.... "Eeeee, what a bugger!".

aksel 19 Dec 2013 18:59

survival of the fittest

oil 20 Dec 2013 04:24

on the internet

BloodyButcher 21 Dec 2013 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastet (Post 3227189)
Politics wouldn't have been half as draining if we didn't have people like Bashar and ManiacMagic lying left right and centre about things they were proven wrong about. The trouble you two and your brainwashed automatons caused this round contributed to some level to people (not me) burning out.

Politics is not only about NAPing everyone in the univers either.
FAnGs total inc this round was only 800 incs from more or less 90% of the Whole univers.
FAnG only had ND/Spore incs, 2k in total, the rest of the 800 incs mustve came from the other 600 or so planets in the univers

DrunkenViking 21 Dec 2013 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3227191)
FAnGs total inc this round was only 800 incs from more or less 90% of the Whole univers.
FAnG only had ND/Spore incs, 2k in total, the rest of the 800 incs mustve came from the other 600 or so planets in the univers

Trollolol

First time someone throws an inaccurate number at you when talking pols during round bb, or is there something making you bitter?

Connovar 21 Dec 2013 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3227191)

I guarantee fallen had more incs than spore. From what you showed me butcher, you had a very easy round.

I guess we will just have to wait for the truth though rather than relying on some numbers you plucked from the vacant space in your head.

Connovar 21 Dec 2013 01:48

And thanks for all the other nice things said ;)

Ill still be around, but as a pe0n.

Grats spore on most value killed this round!

Bashar 21 Dec 2013 21:30

Quote:

Politics wouldn't have been half as draining if we didn't have people like Bashar and ManiacMagic lying left right and centre about things they were proven wrong about. The trouble you two and your brainwashed automatons caused this round contributed at some level to people (not me) burning out, quitting and to a very draining week or two. For your role in that, you should feel ashamed.

1. I did not lie to anybody. I came into your private channel personally and took the time to explain to you all (which there was no obligation for me to do and I had nothing to gain from doing it, I came to provide you with an explanation). I made clear that what I was saying was my interpretation of the evidence and I even said that I accept it could be incorrect, but I never provided any false evidence or stated anything to be a fact rather than my own opinion. I realise this is an emotive issue and as I said all along, I fully accept that you may interpret the evidence differently and disagree with me, but as I gave you that courtesy and respect, the least you could do is return it. I would counter that it is people like you that ruin the politics; people who are completely inept at holding a discussion and who, when someone disagrees with you, rather than engaging in a discussion and considering each other's points, simply shouts the same thing only louder.

2. I was not proven wrong about anything. I was proven correct in so far as cheating was happening and that it was TF that was benefitting from the cheating (the planet was closed and it was TF planets that had ships removed - these are undisputable facts). My suspicion that people within TF cheated was not proven by the multihunters, but neither was it disproven, they could not find evidence of it, that is all that they can say.

I haven't posted on these forums regarding this matter previously and that was intentional. If I am honest, I was ashamed at the way it was brought up on the forums and the bitching match that ensued and I wanted no part of it. For me and for Spore, the war that we went into as a result was our response and that was as far as we wanted it to go, that at least is dignified (in a manner of speaking). However, I will not accept being accused of lying by somebody who can provide no evidence and who is frankly incapable of understanding anybody's point of view other than his own.

Bashar 21 Dec 2013 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connovar (Post 3227195)
I guarantee fallen had more incs than spore. From what you showed me butcher, you had a very easy round.

I guess we will just have to wait for the truth though rather than relying on some numbers you plucked from the vacant space in your head.

I would have agreed with you before the stats came out, I thought it was a pretty easy round incoming wise. However, the stats show Spore had a pretty large amount. I think the difference was that this round we defended well (the stats certainly suggest that when you look at number of defences sent etc.).

Although, this would be skewed by the end of round Jihad you TF fellas sent at us (which I will admit was actually pretty effective and difficult for us to deal with), and the massive nights of incs we had from you, HR and App. Though I think all this is shown quite nicely by the 1/3, 2/3 and end stats.

SoulS 22 Dec 2013 10:19

Let's just stop being "morons" on the forums, eh? I think everyone should recognize that Spore had a fantastic round. You deffed well, you played well and you slugged away serious attacks. I commend you for it :-)

I hope to see more of this next round!

Merry xmas to everybody, and thanks for the round :D

BloodyButcher 22 Dec 2013 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connovar (Post 3227195)

I think i said id expect that the spore incs was around 2.7k, and you said that TF had more than 3k iirc, 2k only from ND and Spore.
By the look of estimates, 2k incs from two alliances, id say it would seem like TF mustve had a lot of deals with all other alliances

SoulS 22 Dec 2013 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3227214)
I think i said id expect that the spore incs was around 2.7k, and you said that TF had more than 3k iirc, 2k only from ND and Spore.
By the look of estimates, 2k incs from two alliances, id say it would seem like TF mustve had a lot of deals with all other alliances

Stop trolling, be nice, it's the holidays, mang

Mzyxptlk 22 Dec 2013 12:27

There's always time for imposing your arbitrary restrictions on which methods of play are worthy of respect and which are not.

ManiacMagic 22 Dec 2013 17:48

Quote:

Politics wouldn't have been half as draining if we didn't have people like Bashar and ManiacMagic lying left right and centre about things they were proven wrong about. The trouble you two and your brainwashed automatons caused this round contributed at some level to people (not me) burning out, quitting and to a very draining week or two. For your role in that, you should feel ashamed.

Lol this kid .... bastit when were we proven wrong? All I remember was a bunch of evidence against you and you crying that we are wrong cause you didnt get closed. The majority of the community didn't support you kid, go post your bs somewhere else (we liked it better when you posed 2x every few years).

Mzyxptlk 22 Dec 2013 19:58

Like a broken record.

Hunterrrr 22 Dec 2013 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacMagic (Post 3227217)
Lol this kid .... bastit when were we proven wrong? All I remember was a bunch of evidence against you and you crying that we are wrong cause you didnt get closed. The majority of the community didn't support you kid, go post your bs somewhere else (we liked it better when you posed 2x every few years).

Prove it or stop crying this is getting old seriously.

oil 22 Dec 2013 22:31

Step 1: Cheat at a computer game
Step 2: Do it so much that people eventually find out
Step 3: Exploit the ambiguity of the word proof to suggest that because the evidence falls short of deductive logic that innocence has been secured
Step 4: Get shown up on the forums repeatedly trying to use this argument
Step 5: Continue to post about the topic non stop with contentless, unfunny rubbish and then complain about others posting too much when they eventually respond to you
Step 6: Keep cheating

Forest 22 Dec 2013 22:45

Yawn

Blue_Esper 22 Dec 2013 23:44

There's a difference between circumstantial evidence and conclusive evidence.

SoulS 22 Dec 2013 23:45

:-(

This is basically why I try to stay away from Forums. Nothing nice to be said by anyone. Only few exceptions.

BlackMagic 23 Dec 2013 00:25

It's been emotional!

Souls / Conno great work :)

Sn0w, epic DC skills

Everyone else, good effort.

All other alliances.... meh, you got lucky ;)

Next round..... Lets do it all again!

Motti 23 Dec 2013 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil (Post 3227220)
Step 3: Exploit the ambiguity of the word proof to suggest that because the evidence falls short of deductive logic that innocence has been secured
Step 5: Continue to post about the topic non stop with contentless, unfunny rubbish and then complain about others posting too much when they eventually respond to you

Step 1 : S
Step 2 : T
Step 3 : F
Step 4 : U

:banana:

Clouds 23 Dec 2013 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motti (Post 3227226)
Step 1 : S
Step 2 : T
Step 3 : F
Step 4 : U

:banana:

This is when a "Like" function comes in handy.

ManiacMagic 23 Dec 2013 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterrrr (Post 3227219)
Prove it or stop crying this is getting old seriously.

Whos crying? I didn't even bring it up :D

Hunterrrr 24 Dec 2013 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacMagic (Post 3227231)
Whos crying? I didn't even bring it up :D

Click the search option then advanced search and type into "search posts by user" ManiacMagic and check the posts it finds. You may also want to put 2 weeks ago in the "Find posts from" bracket.

Hunterrrr 24 Dec 2013 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil (Post 3227220)

You need professional help. http://bit.ly/1cPiQ02